Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Jan 28, 2017 @ 20:16
    John Bergman

Package list on Our Umbraco

Not sure where this goes... but...

How about the Package List on Our Umbraco be sorted by updated date, rather than created date? It is a pain to see what is now.

How do I know it's sorted by created date? Well, I happened to catch some debug output today.. (not the order by)

Debugging output Query: { SearchIndexType: , LuceneQuery: +nodeTypeAlias:project +(+projectLive:1) } Order by: createDate[Type=LONG] Time elapsed: 2 Total results: 1074 Pages: 54

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 28, 2017 @ 20:23
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Simple reason for not doing that:

"Let's see.. how can we game the system: oh, I know, let's update my package every day so it's always at the top of the list!"

:-)

Jan 28, 2017 @ 20:25
    John Bergman

True, but how do you easily determine which packages you have installed have been updated?

Maybe this is a package manager thing inside of Umbraco itself then... I have about 50 packages; so to make a pass to see what's been updated is pretty painful.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 28, 2017 @ 20:28
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Yeah.. no answer for that one :-)

Also, you don't have to rely on debug data that I just turned off again, it's open source ;-)

https://github.com/umbraco/OurUmbraco

Maybe you can make a PR to for an updatechecker in the packages section, that would be cool.

In the future we want all packages to be NuGet packages and then this is no longer a problem. We have a few hurdles to take before we can get there though.

Jan 28, 2017 @ 20:42
    John Bergman

Yeah, the biggest challenge I've had with the number of packages is when one package includes other dlls (partial packages) or other nugget available files... and the placement of files different from where a nugget package puts them (font-awesome comes to mind).

its unfortunate but I also end up putting the dlls in version control just to make sure I can stay stable and revert should something go wrong.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 28, 2017 @ 20:49
    Nicholas Westby

FYI, here's the YouTrack ticket for the feature Sebastiaan described (i.e., show package updates in the package manager): http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8847

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft