This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 1494 times - uploaded 17 August 2016
"System management update"
- 301 redirect management
- Health check dashboard
- Password recovery for backoffice
- Packages installer UI update / packages can target a minimum Umbraco version
Make sure to read the blog post for this release!
Note: version 7.5.0 changes the ImageProcessor version, which might have impact on your site. Make sure to read the blog post for all the details on that.
Note: if you had previously installed the beta/beta2 and are relying on the URL tracker already then please note that we had to make some changes and WILL drop the redirect table completely, so all of your current redirects will be deleted. Make sure to make database backups so you can migrate them.
Follow the normal installation guidelines.
Upgrading from 7.4.x
Make sure to follow the general upgrade guide.
Upgrading from 7.3.x / 7.4 pre-releases
Note: If you're upgrading manually: make sure to merge both web.config in the root AND the web.config in the Views folder and Dashboard.config/trees.config in the Config folder.
Note: if you're doing a NuGet upgrade from 7.4.0-RC1 then your web.config will be overwritten completely, make sure to back it up first and then restore it after NuGet is done working. This will not happen in future upgrades and only affects upgrading from this one specific version 7.4.0-RC1. You will also lose the App_Browsers folder, make sure to copy those files back in too.
Upgrading from 7.1.x or 7.2.x
There are a few minor breaking changes in this release, listed below. Make sure to go through them before you upgrade.
Upgrading through NuGet
NuGet upgrades will handle everything for you automatically, so you only need to follow the general upgrade guide.
Related changes from the issue tracker
- U4-8657 - Umbraco.GetDictionaryValue does not have an overload to provide fall back text when key is missing like Umbraco.Field does
- U4-8472 - Add web.config file to media folder path to prevent all execution based files from being run by IIS
Issues & Tasks
- U4-7879 - installer fails with db connection error with reserved characters in server password / username
- U4-8290 - Label property editor should be configurable to declare data type storage (int, string, date, etc...)
- U4-8394 - When persisting the xml cache file it double loads the full xml structure into memory before writing it to a file
- U4-8445 - Validation on the Email field for Members will not allow the entry of root domains greater than four characters.
- U4-8567 - UmbracoHelper.CreateEncryptedRouteString fails to parse additionalRouteVals when it is of type Dictionary<string, object>
- U4-8614 - JsonCamelCaseFormatter breaks the global configuration for the default JsonMediaTypeFormatter
- U4-8627 - Umbraco.Core.Sync.DatabaseServerMessenger - No last synced Id found when '0' is stored and there are no instructions
- U4-8640 - Deleting a content type with children only emits a deleted event on the parent content type
- U4-8670 - Ensure the create package system in the back office allows for specifying correct metadata
- U4-8675 - SortContent: Thread was being aborted error for sorting 161 child nodes in Azure Web Site with Azure SQL Database
- U4-8751 - GetCropUrl should append the quality parameters as the last parameter to the URL (after furtherOptions) when the format is specified
- U4-8754 - Single content queries like Get(int id) for content, media and members needs to execute a TOP 1 (or LIMIT 1)
- U4-8772 - Listview - provide a visual indication between a published item, (that has unpublished changes) and an unpublished item
- U4-8799 - Validation and/or feedback when creating properties that could cause issues with ModelsBuilder
- U4-8828 - Redirect urls dashboard - when search field has focus and enter is pressed the first redirect gets deleted
- U4-8849 - 301 Url tracker - When deleting last item on a page the url tracker should check for new results.
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites. They're available from:
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: http://our.umbraco.org
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and use the “Affected versions” field to set it to 7.5.0.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it an extra vote.
The source for this specific release is available for download from the repository (click the "ZIP" button).