Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pushpendra Singh 61 posts 116 karma points
    Mar 19, 2014 @ 09:23
    Pushpendra Singh

Publishing Issue In Umbraco

Hi All,

when i am publishing hole my umbraco website from homepage root node  some time getting error in (YSOD) like :

There are multiple root elements. Line 2, position 2.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: There are multiple root elements. Line 2, position 2.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[XmlException: There are multiple root elements. Line 2, position 2.]

System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg) +195

System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() +7556033

System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) +101

System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) +74

System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +144

System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) +235

umbraco.editorControls.relatedlinks.RelatedLinksData.ToXMl(XmlDocument data) +245

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.ToXml(XmlDocument xd) +359

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.XmlPopulate(XmlDocument xd, XmlNode& x, Boolean Deep) +252

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.generateXmlWithoutSaving(XmlDocument xd) +151

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.XmlGenerate(XmlDocument xd) +22

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.PublishWithResult(User u) +1616

umbraco.dialogs.publish.DoPublishSubs(Document d) +100

umbraco.dialogs.publish.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1772

umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929  

can sombody help me why i am getting this error.Iit might be the xml not well formed or anythink else what is the soltion?.

Mar 19, 2014 @ 09:24
    Pushpendra Singh

my umbraco version is 4.11.8.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 13:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pushpendra

So I take it that you're using 4.11.9 now?

Anyway that should not matter too much - What happens when you visit the frontend of the website? Does it also display an error?

I guess that you should try checking the /app_data/umbraco.config file and see if it's wellformed. Or perhaps just try and delete it and recycle your app pool. Then try publishing again. Does the error still appear?

If so try going through all of your /config/ files and see if they're all wellformed or if by mistake (could be a faulty merge) is formatted wrongly.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 21, 2014 @ 14:17
    Pushpendra Singh

Hi Jan,

I am using for this 4.11.8 version of umbraco.

when i am publishing hole my umbraco website from homepage root node  some time (out of 10 times 1 times it is happning) getting error in (YSOD) like.my problem not the error basic issue some of the nodes lost their mandatory fields data in publishing due to this error and site crashed because no mandatory data.

i have tried all above thinks umbraco.config delete recycle app pool but still problem is there.

now i am trying to verfy the config file and will see.

thanks in advanvce jan

Regards

Pushpendra Singh

Mar 21, 2014 @ 14:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pushpendra

Ok, sorry I just assumed it was the same site as the one from the other post that you upgraded to 4.11.9.

How big is your site? And when did this start happening? And are there being used some special characters that may cause issue?

/Jan

Mar 21, 2014 @ 15:01
    Pushpendra Singh

Hi jan,

site having around 1100 nodes this is happing once some other guys are  converted from  4.3 to 4.11.8 after that this issue is happening some times in publishing some nodes mandatory data lost and publishing fail. No we are not using any special char irespective of what type data it is losting mandatory fields data.

similar kind of issue you can see in below post Ian Robinson started this topic September 21, 2012 @ 07:49

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/34831-Error-indexing-queue-items-for-InternalIndexSet-and-InternalMemberIndexSet

priviously i thought this is might be the issue of indexing in exmine file using  loadxaml method instead of load method  but that was not the issue.  

thanks in advance jan

Regards

Pushpendra singh

Mar 21, 2014 @ 15:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pushpendra

Ok, so someone else has done an upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.11.8?

Do you know how they did the upgrade? What packages are used and are they upgraded as well? And how about custom API integration?

There are many ways this can go wrong...

However...do you know if the path fixup patch has been run? There was an examine bug causing some errors - don't know if it might be the issue in your case - however read more about the bug and download the fix here

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 21, 2014 @ 15:23
    Pushpendra Singh

Hi Jan,

no i don't know how he did i don't know anythink only i am hving info. he upgraded from 4.3 to 4.11.8 and this problem is happening.

i have upgraded this site from 4.11.8 to 4.11.9 as i shared the process with you till now no issue i am running publishing continously and will see if no issue well and good.

one of the solution i am thinking to dowload and compare the config,webconfig of 4.3 and 4.11.8 but 4.11.8 is availble in

http://our.umbraco.org/download

but 4.3 is not availble so i can not compare what was the wrong chages from 4.3 to 4.11.8 sombody done.

can i get it 4.3 from somewhere else so easy for me to compare the above items 

thanks jan

Regards

Pushpendra singh

Mar 21, 2014 @ 15:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pushpendra

There is no 4.3 of Umbraco...but there is a 4.0.3.

However Lee Kelleher has an unofficial repository of former Umbraco versions

Here you can download 4.0.3.

But a lot has changed in the web.config since 4.0.3 to 4.11 so comparing those two I'm not sure makes sense. But that's your call :)

/Jan

Mar 21, 2014 @ 15:38
    Pushpendra Singh

you are right jan.

i will check if 4.11.9 is working fine i will suggest 4.11.9 upgradation instead of comparing 4.3 to 4.11.8.

Thanks for your help Jan

Regards

Pushpendra singh

Mar 24, 2014 @ 13:43
    Pushpendra Singh

Hi Jan,

As you posted in old post path fixup http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/2/1/umbraco-4114-released.aspx

But path fixup issue anything lower than 4.11.4 but mine is 4.11.8.To comapring config and webconfig 4.3 to 4.11.8 is really not the good approach can any other solution why the mandatory filed data losting when publishing the nodes.

Thanks in advance jan

Regards

Pushpendra singh 

Mar 24, 2014 @ 14:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pushpendra

If your installation that was 4.0.3 was ever at 4.10 or 4.11.1-4.11.4 then it should be run as it also says in the blogpost.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 26, 2014 @ 14:50
    Pushpendra Singh

Hi jan,

can you check below post 

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/templating/templates-and-document-types/5934-Date-Picker-doesnt-work

My issue my site upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.11.8  and today i reproduce Publish at and Remove at (delayed publishing) 2 times same issue but now i am unble to reproduce.

1. Can i get the exact scenerio to reproduce the issue.

2. I have tried both link provided by Morten but unble to get the hotfix zip can i get it from somewhere else.

This version contains the hotfix:

1.0.3636.38588_633965099846589948.zip

actually, even better. Get it here:

http://www.mortenbock.dk/media/9614/umbraco_403_withhotfix.zip

Thanks in advance Jan

Regards

Pushpendra singh

Apr 04, 2014 @ 16:08
    Pushpendra Singh

Hi Jan,

right now my umbracoconfig in <addkey="umbracoContentXML"value="~/App_Data/Temp/umbraco.config"/> for load balance Environments

as Dan post if i change <addkey="umbracoContentXML"value="~/media/umbraco.config"/>

My media is synchronize in both server via Vice Versa pro file synchronization tool.so, in case i am publishing from one server in every changes it will replicate the file in another server is my assumption.

Please suggest me what is the best approach for umbracoconfig should updated on both the server either one of them is down as well.

@Dan find my post related to this topic in http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/45868-Load-balanced-setup?p=0#comment177563

What is the best approach umbraco config of both the server shou;d be up to date.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft