• Tizer 170 posts 201 karma points
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 15:46
    Tizer

All Content Nodes disappeared

Hi - I posted this earlier, but in the wrong forum:

All Content Nodes disappeared, umbraco.config not creating correctly

Using umbraco 4.03, IIS7

Basically my content nodes have disappeared - I have:

1 - Republished site via url: domain.com/umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true
    2 - Touched the web.config
    3 - Checked web.config for umbraco.config location
    4 - I deleted the contents of '_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete' & then did a /umbraco/reindex.aspx
    5 - Checked cmsPropertyData table for dodgy characters which may mess XML of latest published nodes.
    6 - Checked umbraco file Permissions using /install/default.aspx?installStep=validatePermissions

All fine :(

umbraco.config and the xml table are both formatted like this - no data-alias & no </node> tag - but the content is in the database.

<node id="105" version="1df764f9-b127-4670-b3bc-75173cf2dd17" parentID="-1" level="1" writerID="10" creatorID="0" nodeType="124" template="1919" sortOrder="0" createDate="2010-12-11T18:24:05" updateDate="2013-06-03T13:08:20" nodeName="HomePage" urlName="home-page" writerName="JohnathonMorris" creatorName="Administrator" nodeTypeAlias="Homepage" path="-1,105">
    <node id="192" version="42855185-7a70-4a2c-b3d6-a7c6418d3a47" parentID="105" level="2" writerID="14" creatorID="3" nodeType="192" template="1920" sortOrder="0" createDate="2010-02-10T01:16:06" updateDate="2012-03-21T02:15:15" nodeName="About" urlName="about" writerName="KenethWoodward" creatorName="Administrator" nodeTypeAlias="About" path="-1,105,192">

The site was working great and the last update was early last week - this has just started happening today

I have noticed that some custom ccs styles I am using for the login window doesn't show - the background image isn't showing contained in the /umbraco_client/panel/.

Does this sound like some server permissions problem?

Where should I look next?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 16:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tizer

Well currently there really are no wrong forums. The structure is outdated and the important thing is that you got your question asked really.

Have you been double checking that it's not because something has gone wrong with the permissions for network service or iusr? Perhaps try setting the everyone role to have full access and do a "republish entire site" - if that works then it's related to permissions and you should re-set them (off course you remember to remove the everyone role too when done testing ;-)).

Did you update other stuff than content? Was a new package installed, new functions added etc.?

/Jan

Jun 11, 2013 @ 03:14
    Tizer

Hey Jan - thanks for the answer.

I changed the Users role to have full access, replublished the site, but no luck the same.

I have just looked through the server logs and found that something has changed.... ASP.NET 4.0.xxxx was loaded and all my errors/warnings stated that as the source - previously it was ASP.NET 2.0.xxxx and errors and warnings increased....

Could this be the cause of the error?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 10:19
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Tizer,

I also noticed some problems with running 4.0.x site running on the 4.0 framework. I think my hosting provider solved by setting the app pool to use classic mode instead of integrated pipeline

Dave

Jun 11, 2013 @ 10:30
    Tizer

OK - just an update and rethink as the problem still exists.

I have checked iusr IIS permissions on files/folders and the are all inherited from the main website folder and seem in order.

I have some hard coded css in umbraco/logout.aspx which is referencing an image... this image isn't showing - on further investigation, the id it is referencing is now called something totally different.

Previously:  id="ctl00_body_Panel1_content"
    Now: id="body_Panel1_content"

So it looks like the prefix has been removed.... which accoding to Google happened in ASP.NET 4 - which means the site, which was previously running on ASP.NET 2.0 is now running on ASP.NET 4, which has broken a lot of things.

Is there any way I can add something to web.config to fix this?

I found these, but they give me 500 errors

<pages clientIDMode="AutoID" />
    <pagescontrolRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5"/>

I was tryting to add them here:

<pages enableEventValidation="false">
          <!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
          <controls>
            <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <add tagPrefix="umbraco" namespace="umbraco.presentation.templateControls" assembly="umbraco" />
          </controls>

</pages>

Would it be best to ask the host to review the change.... they never asked me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jun 11, 2013 @ 15:17
    Tizer

Thanks dawoe  - I tried a few Application Pool settings and its now fixed running Integrated ASP.NET 2 :)

I wish there had been some communication so I had been told

Thanks for reading my ongoing saga :)

So glad its fixed

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 15:19
    Dave Woestenborghs

No problem. Glad that I could help you out.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft