Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Jul 10, 2012 @ 16:40
    Ferdy Hoefakker

upgrading errors and dll hells

I've been trying for days to upgrade a test site from 4.5.2 to 4.7.1. but no matter what I try, it keeps finding problems with my assemblies. There are multiple posts about this, and I have read them all and none of the provided solutions work for me.

So, I decided to take a step back and try to upgrade to 4.6.1 instead thinking that maybe the leap between 4.5.2 and 4.7.1 is too big. This is slightly less error prone, but now I can no longer save any XSLT that existed before the uprgade (no error given in the log, it just says "failed to save") or even use the visualize option (error: potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the clien). Yet, they still work on the site itself.

All these different problems are driving me nuts to be honest so I would just like to know what the best course of action is here. Do I throw out the 4.6.1 attempt and retry the process with 4.7.1 again?

In either case, I'm obviously missing something somewhere. So if someone could help me out, it'd be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

-Ferdy

• Tizer 170 posts 201 karma points
    Jul 11, 2012 @ 02:52
    Tizer

I did an upgrade from 4.52 to 4.7.1 and the way I got it to work was to remove all previous dll files (except custom ones) from my bin and replace them with the new ones from 4.7.1 install files

But - I did keep some bookmarks which I referenced at the time. I used this great upgrade post as a guide and although I never had the problem, these threads reference what you are experiencing (I think).

All xslt files broken after upgrading to 47
    Upgrading 452 to 47 empty trees in backend
    Upgrade to 4.7 break all my XSLT"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft