Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 10:24
    Jeroen Breuer

All xslt files broken after upgrading to 4.7

Hello,

I just upgraded to Umbraco 4.7 and now all my xslt files are broken. Each xslt marco now displays "Error parsing XSLT file: ...". What could I have done wrong to break all my xslt files? 

I updated the web.config like described here: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/62573 and I walked through all the steps in http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/upgrading-an-umbraco-installation. Probably there is a small setting somewhere wrong, but I don't know which one...

Jeroen

Mar 15, 2011 @ 10:49
    Jeroen Breuer

Hmm I'm getting this error when I'm debugging the page:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Scripting, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

In http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/62573 it says I need to delete the Microsoft.Scripting.dll....

Jeroen

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 11:06
    Stephen

Have you also removed the IronWhatever DLLs (IronPython, IronRuby...)?

Mar 15, 2011 @ 11:15
    Jeroen Breuer

Yes I also removed those. Can't seem to get it fixed. Even if I add the Microsoft.Scripting.dll again it still gives me errors. Don't have much time for this site so downgraded to 4.6.1 for now again and everything works. Will use 4.7 for new sites.

Jeroen

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 11:44
    Stephen

You might want to look at: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/17890-XSLT-macros-not-getting-rendered-after-upgrading-to-47-RC

You also need to delete RazorEngine.*.dll, Microsoft.Dynamic.dll, umbraco.MacroEngines.Legacy.dll...

Mar 15, 2011 @ 11:56
    Jeroen Breuer

Thanks Stephen I'll have a look at it. Couldn't find that topic myself because the searching on 'our' seems to have some problems...

Jeroen

Aug 09, 2011 @ 15:31
    Jeroen Breuer

I've succeed in upgrading my website from 4.6.1 to 4.7.0 local, but when I copy the local website to the live environment I still get broken XSLT files. It's the exact same code with the same database as the local one. Any idea why my XSLT still breaks?

Jeroen

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Aug 09, 2011 @ 15:36
    Chris Houston

Hi Jeroen,

Have you tried running the XSLT preview in the developer section for the XSLT Macro's that are not working?

Usually this gives you the actual error message that is causing the issue which will then help you ( or us, if you post it here ) to solve the problem.

Cheers,

Chris

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 09, 2011 @ 15:38
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Weird.. Can you try to save an xslt file from within Umbraco on your server and see what the specific error is that you get there?

Aug 09, 2011 @ 15:40
    Jeroen Breuer

Thanks for the tip. In 4.6.1 the saving works in the XSLT preview. In 4.7.0 I get this exception:

Error occured

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl() 
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) 
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions() 
    at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions() 
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

Jeroen

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Aug 09, 2011 @ 15:41
    Lennart Stoop

That's odd, first thing I would try is to republish all content/media files:

http://sitename_upgrade.local/umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true

You can also append umbdebugshowtrace=true to the URL to see what's going on with the XSLT macro's

Aug 09, 2011 @ 15:49
    Jeroen Breuer

Republish doens't help. When I add umbdebugshowtrace=true I get this:

Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'SD.LLBLGen.Pro.RiaSupportClasses, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ca73b74ba4e3ff27'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'SD.LLBLGen.Pro.RiaSupportClasses, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ca73b74ba4e3ff27'. Exceptions were thrown:
      at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute)
      at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
      at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

Seems to be related to one my own dll's, but why would that work locally?

Jeroen

Aug 09, 2011 @ 15:58
    Lennart Stoop

It's quite possible that one of the DLL's you are referencing uses an assembly which has been installed on the server and is GAC'ed - but is missing on the production machine. I've recently had a simular issue upgrading a site from 4.5 to 4.7:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/22533-Upgrade-to-470-Recaptcha-missing-assembly-reference

You may need to play around a bit more with the BIN folder. Here's the list of DLL's I have documented to remove:

a.       Iron*.dll (= all DLLs starting with iron)

b.      Microsoft.Scripting*.dll

c.       Microsoft.Dynamic.dll

d.      umbraco.macroEngines.legacy.dll

e.      RazorEngine.Core.dll

f.        RazorEngine.Templates.dll

g.       VistaDB*.dll

h.      umbraco.standardFormhandlers.dll

• sun 403 posts 395 karma points
    Aug 09, 2011 @ 15:59
    sun

delete invisible character at end of each xslt. then save them. you can try this.

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Aug 09, 2011 @ 16:04
    Chris Houston

Hi Jeroen,

Well, your error is stating the following file is missing:

System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server

Are you sure you have .NET 4.0 installed on your server?

Cheers,

Chris

Aug 09, 2011 @ 16:11
    Jeroen Breuer

I removed all those dll's and the dll I'm referencing to is used on a lot of other sites as well and it works there. I'm currently out of idea's what might be the problem :(. I'm 100% we have .NET 4.0 because all the other websites also run on it. In IIS it also has ASP.NET v4.0 as the application pool.

Jeroen

Aug 09, 2011 @ 16:25
    Lennart Stoop

It looks like the DLL that is missing is part of the Microsoft SDK for RIA services:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/tfsbuild/thread/ea35052b-0447-4e51-859d-f9c331d0daaa

You should be OK if you throw that DLL in the BIN folder... On the other hand (same as my experience) -> howcome it has worked before?

Aug 09, 2011 @ 16:38
    Jeroen Breuer

Thank you - thank you - thank you :). I deteled the RIA dll and also removed all references to the dll and now it all works again.

Jeroen

Aug 09, 2011 @ 19:13
    Lennart Stoop

Indeed, removing the references is also an option, glad to hear you got it working! :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft