Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Dec 09, 2013 @ 16:30
    Craig O'Mahony

URL Rewriting

Hi Folks,

Firstly apologies if I'm not asking this question in the correct (wasn't sure when exactly to put it tbh!).

My problem is this I have a page that accepts a parameter off the querystring such as mysite.co.uk/course.aspx?id=123456  (The id of 123456 relates to a course called Family Law).

On the usercontrol in the page it takes the value off the querystring and displays data accordingly but what I'd like to be able to do is to be able to use a URL such as the following mysite.co.uk/course/family-law/ (with the '/' on the end so that google indexes this as a seperate page) but Umbraco is looking for a page called family.law under the course node (and there isn't one as this is a dynamic page).

I know that it's something to do with URL rewriting but I don't know where to start to be honest.

Could anyone help please?

Thanks,

Craig

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Dec 09, 2013 @ 16:46
    Stefan Kip

Have you checked out my Url Tracker?
    Sounds like the right tool for the job.

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Dec 10, 2013 @ 10:30
    Craig O'Mahony

Hi Kiposoep,

Do you know anything about the URL Tracker? It sorta works!

• Davide 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 11:29
    Davide

Hi all, 

I was using the URL rewriting in UMBRACO 4.7.2 on my custom Global.asax file into the Application_BeginRequest method. Now I'm trying to upgrade to version 6.0.0 where I saw that I have to change my custom Global.asax to inherit from Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication.

No problems so far in general in the application, but when the global.asax triggers the HttpContext.Current.RewritePath(URL), after migrating to version 6, the method does not rewrite the URL at all. It does not give any error or exception, it simply doesn't rewrite the URL, and consequently the system returns 404 , file not found.

Any ideas about it? Did the version 6 of Umbraco stop to support the HttpContext.Current.RewritePath method in its new Global.asax?

Thanks in advance to all of you!

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 12:14
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

You can also do this programmatically which gives you more possibilities. I wrote a blog about this: http://24days.in/umbraco/2014/urlprovider-and-contentfinder/

Jeroen

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 12:58
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft