Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• saif 68 posts 88 karma points
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 13:35
    saif

umbraco membership problem

Hi All,

I am trying to create members in my new site but when trying to do so nothing is listed under any of the nodes apart from the Member group. I have tried restarting umbraco and also reloaded the nodes several times.

When I right clicked on Members and tried to add a new member I found all member types I had created were available in dropdown list please see the 2 images below

any ideas?

every little helps would be much appriciated.

kind regards

saif

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 14:08
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Try checking out this thread (which was linked from this one with the same issue).  It suggests you might have a permissions issue, maybe to the Windows temp folder.

If not, try running Fiddler when accessing the member section, and you should get an error on TreeDataService - if you view the raw details it might help explain what the problem is.

HTH,
    Tom

Jan 12, 2012 @ 15:35
    saif

Hi Tom,

I have checked the linked and ran the fiddler as well. I have set the full access to "Network Service" but still this is throwing the same error.

[InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\n5aqndqs.0.cs' could not be found error CS2008: No inputs specified

not sure what I am doing wroing or what should I do next to resolve it.

Jan 12, 2012 @ 15:37
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Are you sure Network Service is the user that your app pool is running as?  You should give the permissions to whichever user your app pool is using.  To check you can goto Application Pools in IIS, right click your app pool and goto Advanced Settings, and check the Identity option.  If it's running as a specific user you could try giving that user permissions.  You might also try giving the group IIS_IUSRS if you are using ApplicationPoolIdentity

-Tom

Jan 12, 2012 @ 15:57
    saif

Hi Tom,

Yes, I have double checked, it is definitely running under Network service.

Jan 12, 2012 @ 16:03
    Tom Fulton

Strange..that seems to be the documented fix for that error, even from MS [1][2].

You gave Network Services permissions to WINDOWS\TEMP right, not just the Umbraco site?  Perhaps also try giving the "ASPNET" or IIS_IUSRS accounts the same permissions..

Jan 12, 2012 @ 16:12
    saif

Sorry Tom it was my fault. I had set permission on wrong Temp folder. The problem has been resolved.

Thanks a lot.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft