Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 15, 2010 @ 10:21
    Kim Andersen

No nodes ind the backend

When I log into umbraco, there is no nodes showing in any of my sections, besides the root nodes (Content, developer etc.). My frontend works just fine, and I have tried to delete my umbraco.config-file, and republish the entire site agin. This doesn't help. I have also tried to reload my nodes of course but with no luck.

When I log in i only see this image: NoNodes

I have also tried to create a new node, and this worked fine, but the node didn't show up in my tree either :(

What can I do?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 15, 2010 @ 10:46
    Dirk De Grave

Check permission settings on your umbraco folder, as this is mostly the cause of this

Cheers,

/Dirk

• kristian schneider 190 posts 351 karma points
    Jan 15, 2010 @ 10:58
    kristian schneider

Hi. I work on the same project and have been looking into the problem as well

We have checked that. Persmissions are set to full access to "Network service" and files are readable. I can also add that the ajax toolkit is a 1.01* version.

This appears in the umbraco error log:

At /umbraco/tree.aspx?rnd=869a982c-5fcf-4964-a405-ac2c109090dc&id=-1&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=developer 
    (Referred by: http://vps190.vpswin.dk/umbraco/TreeInit.aspx?app=developer): System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
      error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\vvv7udxb.0.cs' could not be found  error CS2008: No inputs specified      
    at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, CompilerParameters parameters, Evidence evidence)    
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, CompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)    
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)    
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)    
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)    
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.SerializableData.Serialize(Object objDeserialized, Type objectType)     at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.XmlTree.ToString()    
    at umbraco.cms.presentation.tree.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)    
    at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)    
    at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)    
    at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)    
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()    
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  • Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 15, 2010 @ 11:13
    Lee Kelleher

H Kim and Kristian,

I don't claim to know the answer, but one of the messages in the exception is calling out to me:

System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
      error CS2001
    : Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\vvv7udxb.0.cs' could not be foun

Check the Network Service permissions on the WINDOWS\TEMP directory?

Good luck, Lee.

Jan 15, 2010 @ 11:40
    Kim Andersen

Thanks Lee. This fixed the problem :)

Jan 15, 2010 @ 11:42
    Kim Andersen

Ahh. Hit the wrong button, and gave a 1+ instead of the "correct aswer"-button, and now I can't mark this issue as solved.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 15, 2010 @ 11:48
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Kim, if you refresh the page - the "mark as solution" button should reappear. (I think).

Glad your problem is sorted!

Thanks, Lee.

• Kalle Ekstrand 181 posts 259 karma points c-trib
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 08:03
    Kalle Ekstrand

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Could anyone tell me exactly what permissions to give?

//Kalle

Aug 25, 2010 @ 08:36
    Kim Andersen

Hi Kalle

What we did to solve this problem was to give the NETWORK SERVICE full access to the "Windows/Temp"-folder. That solved the problem for us back then.

/Kim A

Aug 26, 2010 @ 10:42
    Kalle Ekstrand

Hi again Kim.

I still have the problem for some of my sites, even tough I have the right permissions on both the umbraco folder and the windows - temp folder.

Do you need to restart the IIS or something?

//Kalle

Aug 26, 2010 @ 11:17
    Kalle Ekstrand

Also, should the application pool run in integrated or in classic mode?

Aug 26, 2010 @ 21:16
    Kim Andersen

Well, back then when we had the problem, the site was running on Umbraco 4.0.2.1 with an application pool running in classic mode. Don't know if an iisreset helps anything, but it's worth a shot :)

/Kim A

Aug 30, 2010 @ 09:53
    Kalle Ekstrand

Hello again,

I still have this problem on my sites. When I do an IIS reset it works for some hours, and then back to not shoeing any nodes!

I have set the full permissions for NETWORK SERVICE to c:\windows\temp and all the required folders in umbraco-folder.

Any ideas?

In the logfiles I get this:

At /umbraco/tree.aspx?rnd=b4891ba2-04ab-4a99-87a8-6b0581f30cdf&id=-1&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false (Referred by: http://www.tidbecks.se/umbraco/TreeInit.aspx): System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\cg_z_x1b.dll'.  File name: 'C:\Windows\TEMP\cg_z_x1b.dll'     at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)     at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)     at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)     at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames)     at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)     at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)     at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)     at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)     at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)     at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)     at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)     at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)     at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)     at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.SerializableData.Serialize(Object objDeserialized, Type objectType) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\businesslogic\Utils\SerializableData.cs:line 43     at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.XmlTree.ToString() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\Trees\XmlTree.cs:line 73     at umbraco.cms.presentation.tree.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\tree.aspx.cs:line 52     at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\businesslogic\BasePages\BasePage.cs:line 287     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft