Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


These support forums are now closed for new topics and comments.
Please head on over to http://eureka.ucommerce.net/ for support.

  • Robert Mulder 79 posts 269 karma points c-trib
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 12:07
    Robert Mulder
    0

    Spaces in definition fields

    When adding custom fields to a definition (ea a product definition) the name you give it cannot have spaces. But in the backend it is this name that is displayed to the backend users.

    Am I missing something here? Right now in the backend my product 'Common' tab has the default fields like "Last Modified", but also my own fields "YouTubeVideoId"... is there a way for me to make it appear as "YouTube video id"?

  • Morten Skjoldager 436 posts 1492 karma points
    Nov 20, 2014 @ 11:12
    Morten Skjoldager
    0

    Yes if you set display names under the individual fields under the individual language tabs :) 

  • Robert Mulder 79 posts 269 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2014 @ 11:44
    Robert Mulder
    0

    That doesn't seem to change the label in the back end, see images below.

    Here's what it looks like in the product definition (English tab has the same settings)

    Product field definition

    And here's how it shows up when editing products

    Presentation in the backend

  • Morten Skjoldager 436 posts 1492 karma points
    Nov 20, 2014 @ 14:49
    Morten Skjoldager
    100

    Oddly, since this seems to work on my installation :) Also works on the demo site. I believe it reflects the description compared to the language you run in your browser. Maybe they cannot link those two together? What are your configured language (culturecode) on your user in Umbraco?

  • Robert Mulder 79 posts 269 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2014 @ 14:55
    Robert Mulder
    0

    My user was set up to use English UK, but I've also tried English US (as my uCommerce values are English US) and Dutch as my User Language, both to no avail.

    Edit:

    I've added the following line to the EditProductBaseProperties.ascx to determine what's going on with the culture in the editor:

    <%= UCommerce.Infrastructure.ObjectFactory.Instance.Resolve<UCommerce.Infrastructure.Globalization.ILocalizationContext>().CurrentCultureCode %> 
    

    and noticed that the return value is en-GB, which explains why the labels don't show up. The thing I don't understand though is where this value is coming from. I have the user I logged in with set up to use en-US, why does the LocalizationContext return en-GB...

    Edit 2:

    Not sure how this works in Umbraco, but after logging off, restarting IIS and clearing all cookies for the site, my user now does use en-US and the fields do indeed get their entered values. I guess Umbraco is just more aggressive with caching than I'd expected.

    Thanks for the info though, it helped alot.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft