Imagine being paid to improve your favorite CMS!

It could be you! Umbraco HQ are hiring and are looking for both talents and senior developers. Wonderful workplace, friendly colleagues and competitive salary.

Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Nov 07, 2010 @ 11:13
    Giorgos Grispos
    0

    Error processing the request

    Hello,

    Thanks for the great utility,

    I've downloaded and modified the project to meet my requirements. The thing is that I am getting the error below, you can trace the error with ff and firebug, have a look on the url below

    http://zeroin.gr.stereotropism-hosting.com/

    {"Message":"There was an error processing the request.","StackTrace":"","ExceptionType":""}

    Any ideas how to debug the error, I am quite new to .net

    - Umbarco 4.5.2
    - .net 4
    - windows server 2008
    - iis 7.5

    Thanks! Giorgos

  • Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Nov 07, 2010 @ 12:09
    Giorgos Grispos
    0

    I turned off the custom erros to see what the error is. I am getting this

    {"Message":"error sending mail","StackTrace":"   at RVContactForm.RVContactFormMailer.SendContactForm(MailerRequest req)","ExceptionType":"System.Net.Mail.SmtpException"}

    Any ideas? Giorgos

  • Richard 12 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 07, 2010 @ 20:45
    Richard
    0

    Hi

    Yes thanks for this great package - it looks like a really great form - if I can get it to send a message. 

    I have the same setup as above - i.e. Umbraco 4.5.2, Windows server 2008, net 4. 

    The error I am getting is:

    "error sending form
    we are sorry but we have some problem to deliver your message. please try again soon." - but I can't troubleshoot futher than that."
    (I did modify the form ID in the RVContactForm.js file because of the form inside a form problem when using a master template)
    I have checked the SMTP settings and I can telnet to the mailserver with the smtp address and port - so I know the connectivity is there.
  • Eran 292 posts 431 karma points
    Nov 08, 2010 @ 11:53
    Eran
    0

    hello,

    do you have working SMTP configuration? (in you web config)

    example for gmail:

     <system.net>
        <mailSettings>
          <smtp>
           <network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" userName="eran@thereturnvalue.com" password="111111" defaultCredentials="false" />
          </smtp>
        </mailSettings>
      </system.net>

     

     

  • Richard 12 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 13:34
    Richard
    0

    Hi Eran - Thanks the script is working great. It is much easier than some of the other scripts I have set up.

    The problem was actually not in the smtp configuration. We found the problem in the JavaScript file - it was posting data to "/domain/en/contact-us/umbraco/webservices/RVContactFormMailer.asmx" instead of  "/umbraco/webservices/RVContactFormMailer.asmx".

    Sorry I don't think this is relevant to Giorgios problem above - but just in case someone else is getting "error sending mail" this might help.

  • Eran 292 posts 431 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 10:36
    Eran
    0

    Thanks Richards and if you like it you can vote for it on the main project page, at the top right.

    actually this bug was fixed in previous version and i dont know how it got back..
    anyway the explanation is:
    the ajax call was:

    url: "umbraco/webservices/RVContactFormMailer.asmx/SendContactForm",

    instead of adding trailing slash:

    url: "/umbraco/webservices/RVContactFormMailer.asmx/SendContactForm",

    when not adding trailing slash, it treat this as relative path (and in your case, translate it to: /domain/en/contact-us/umbraco/webservices/RVContactFormMailer.asmx).  adding the slash treat it like absolute path from the domain root.

    i will patch this package asap.
    Thanks,

    Eran.

     

  • Eran 292 posts 431 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 10:50
    Eran
    0

    i uploaded an updated package and solution with this bug fix.

    by the way, i also fix in the js another bug:

    the image path of the preloader gif also fixed from relative path (../media etc) to absolute (/media).

    Thanks,

    Eran.

    Eran.

  • Thang Cao 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 19, 2011 @ 19:01
    Thang Cao
    0

    I also got the same error message and it worked well for our site after I changed the EnableSSL to "false". this value is dependent on your host provider.

    Hope this helps for some cases!

  • Eran 292 posts 431 karma points
    Apr 19, 2011 @ 19:35
    Eran
    0

    thanks thang for the tip!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft