Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abilash Ashok 63 posts 418 karma points
    Feb 27, 2017 @ 07:38
    Abilash Ashok

Add articluate blog menu in main menu navigation

Hello,

I have some doubts in showing blog menu along with main navigation structure. I am evaluating Umbraco with a starter template. The starter template has a blog menu link (by default) which navigates to in-built blog. I have installed Articulate blog and has disabled in-built blog menu link which'll otherwise create route conflicts.

Here is a screenshot

backoffice-menu

As per the above screenshot, my website will have main menus - Learn, Explore, Extend and Contact. I know I could update MainNavigation.cshtml to position the blog link at the end of the menu. However, this approach will not take care of the inbuilt sorting option coming with Umbraco since Articulate blog is different document type and is outside the menu hierarchy of Home.

backoffice-sort-menu

How can I make Articulate Blog menu also listed in sorting so that I could position blog menu wherever I prefer instead of doing manually? How about adding a menu under Home which redirects to /blog/, something like that.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 04:50
    John Bergman

You should be able to just create a new Articulate Blog node beneath Home and configure it like you want.

• Abilash Ashok 63 posts 418 karma points
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 05:53
    Abilash Ashok

Ah! I totally forgot that we can add child nodes to any page. I updated DocumentType child-nodes of Home page to show Articulate. Now it is showing as expected. However, I also got errors whenever I try to publish blog post or add author as shown below, which got resolved somehow.

bo-error

Thanks for the help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft