Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Brown 62 posts 174 karma points
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 23:45
    Matt Brown

Articulate recovery after failure

Our content person was deleting a post and accidentally deleted the blog entirely in the back office. I don't know quite how she did that, but she did. Anyway, we have the site backed up, both the database and the application.

I thought that we could simply restore the database to the last known good point so we did that.

In the back office I could now see the blog where it was, but the pages would not serve. The data is there and all the entries, but the templates won't serve them any more.

I created a new blog and copy pasted content from the old one to the new and that worked fine, but we only have a few entries so far. This is not a good solution.

In the event of having to restore the database how do I get Articulate to serve those old entries from that database?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 00:11
    Nicholas Westby

I suspect you just need to rebuild the caches.

Try deleting App_Data/TEMP, then recycle your application pool. That should cause the XML content cache to rebuild, as well as the Examine indexes.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 00:53
    Shannon Deminick

Also, if you delete some content, it will go into the recycle bin where you can restore it from you don't need to restore a whole DB (unless of course they also emptied the recycle bin)

You should also delete your umbraco.config file, clear your App_Data/TEMP folder, then restart your site to ensure all caches are rebuilt.

• Matt Brown 62 posts 174 karma points
    Dec 07, 2016 @ 16:45
    Matt Brown

Perfect! Thank you. Exactly what I wanted to hear. I will set up a test this weekend on our QA environment and we can try to create the failure and then fix it.

Much appreciated.

OK we reproduced and this is a fix. I was able to restore from the trash without deleting the App_Data/TEMP folder

Thank you guys!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft