Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Oct 17, 2016 @ 15:52
    Graham Carr

Categories/Tags randomly stop working

I have a weird issue that a client of mine keeps reporting with their blog. On a random basis the categories/tags for their blog suddenly stop working and start giving a 404 message.

The only way I can get them to work again is by doing a recycle of the websites application pool. I know that the routes for the categories/tags are resolved at startup, which is why the recycle sorts it out, but I have no idea why they keep randomly stopping working.

Any ideas? Can provide further information if required.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Oct 17, 2016 @ 15:56
    Shannon Deminick

Are you using the latest version?

Routes are rebuilt when the articulate documents are saved/published too. But perhaps this might be a domain issue.

Do you have multiple root nodes? Do you have domains assigned to them? If so what are they?

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Oct 20, 2016 @ 08:40
    Graham Carr

Yes I am using the latest version. Following on from your information, I tested a save/publish on a blog item and this caused the issue to occur, a subsequent restart of the application pool sorted the problem out, so it seems to be specifically happening when a save/publish is performed on a blog post.

In terms of root nodes, yes I am using multiple, as follows:

EN (atmosi.com) ES (atmosila.com) RU (atmosi.ru)

Only the EN and ES root nodes have a blog underneath them however.

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Oct 26, 2016 @ 20:33
    Nathan Woulfe

I've just noticed the same issue - tag/category routes aren't working.

Checked the logs, there's a startup entry re mapping routes for 1 root node, which I'd take to mean mapping all routes for the node, not mapping 1 route.

Site has a single content root, but has a settings/config node at the root level as well - could that be contributing?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft