Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• anil 17 posts 46 karma points
    Sep 08, 2015 @ 07:28
    anil

Best way to call Articulate blog as service

Hello All,

I am new to Articulate blog package, in my current project i am using umbraco through service calls.

I have two websites one for umbraco(only Back office) and other for website(MVC Application) to display content. i am fetching umbraco data through api service call.

now i want to use articulate blog also in the same way including UI. Can anyone suggest me the best way to fetch blog data including design and display it in my website as a service?

Thanks, Anil

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Sep 08, 2015 @ 07:41
    Shannon Deminick

Hi,

Sounds like an interesting project. It's worth knowing that all Articulate blog posts are the same as Umbraco content, the model is IPublishedContent, however we strongly type this in Articulate as IMasterModel, but rest assured that every instance of IMasterModel that is used in Articulate is IPublishedContent. To create Articulate's models, you can pass in an IPublishedContent item returned from Umbraco to the model's ctor. For example, for the PostModel: new PostModel(publishedContent);

The other parts of Articulate are going to be far more tricky because Articulate doesn't ship with it's own data service layer. For example, the categories/tags list is an Umbraco 'virtual node', which means it's a custom MVC route with a custom handler which ties in to the Umbraco data store. (See Custom MVC Routes). A lot of the category/tag data lookups is done in Articulate controllers and the RenderModel for these controllers is always based off of the Articualte root node using the custom MVC route handler. You can see the ArticulateTagsController here. So if you want all of the Articulate functionality including category/tags listing, searching, rss feeds, MetaWeblog endpoints, etc... you'll basically have to re-create a lot of Articulate with your own routes and controllers, or find a way to use Articulate's code library to assist you. You can see Articulate's custom routes here (please note this implementation is fairly complex because Articulate supports multi-tenancy with it's routes).

I'm happy to try to help with this but i think you'll be rewriting a lot of this stuff.

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Nov 25, 2017 @ 23:09
    Ayo Adesina

With the more recent version of Articulate are there any new updates to this question Shannon?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft