Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 14:16
    Owain Williams

BlogMlImporter Error

Trying to import a sample blogML file from https://blogml.codeplex.com/releases/view/60036 and I'm getting the following error:

ERROR Articulate.BlogMlImporter - [Thread 221] Importing failed with errors
    Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The best overloaded method match for 'Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentBase.SetPropertyValue(string, string)' has some invalid arguments at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , String , Object ) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid3[T0,T1,T2](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)   at Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentBase.SetValue(String propertyTypeAlias, Object value) at Articulate.UmbracoEventHandler.ContentService_Saving(IContentService sender, SaveEventArgs`1 e) in x:\Projects\Articulate\Articulate.Project\Articulate\UmbracoEventHandler.cs:line 173

This is a clean install of Umbraco 7.2.4, nothing else on it. 

Hoping it's just an issue with the sampleXML file rather than the importer. 

Thanks,

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 19:36
    Chris Houston

Hi,

I cannot currently help answer the issue (as I am about to go out), but maybe this will help someone else with the debugging, I am getting a very similar issue when using CMS Import to import blog items, when I removed the Articulate.DLL the CMS Import worked fine and then I copied the DLL back in and the Blog is working as expected.

Here is the error I received:

2015-03-30 23:48:36,091 [28] ERROR CMSImportLibrary.Providers.ImportProviders.Content.ContentImportProvider - [Thread 11] CMSImport:A record failed to import for alias 
    Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The best overloaded method match for 'Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentBase.SetPropertyValue(string, string)' has some invalid arguments
       at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , String , Object )
       at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid3[T0,T1,T2](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
       at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , String , Object )
       at Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentBase.SetValue(String propertyTypeAlias, Object value)
       at Articulate.UmbracoEventHandler.ContentService_Saving(IContentService sender, SaveEventArgs`1 e) in x:\Projects\Articulate\Articulate.Project\Articulate\UmbracoEventHandler.cs:line 180
       at Umbraco.Core.Events.EventExtensions.IsRaisedEventCancelled[TSender,TArgs](TypedEventHandler`2 eventHandler, TArgs args, TSender sender)
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.Save(IContent content, Boolean changeState, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents)
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.Save(IContent content, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents)
       at CMSImportLibrary.Providers.ImportProviders.Content.ContentImportProvider.[1](ImportState [1], Int32

Cheers,

Chris

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Apr 01, 2015 @ 01:54
    Shannon Deminick

What version of Articulate are you installing?

I tested the importer many times before the recent release so that seems odd. I'll have to test again with that test data to see what is going on once you tell me the version of Articulate.

Apr 01, 2015 @ 10:06
    Chris Houston

Hi Shannon,

I have Umbraco 7.2.2 with Articulate 1.0.7 and CMS Import 3.1.1

Cheers,

Chris

Apr 01, 2015 @ 10:25
    Owain Williams

I couldn't get CMSImport to work either (via SQL statement import) so this is why I went down the route of using the Articulate importer for a BlogML file. 

I'm using Umbraco 7.2.4 and Articulate 1.0.7, Umbraco is a clean install with only the Articulate installed. 

Hope there is a solution as this is the only thing stopping me from migrating to Umbraco - I've even downloaded the source files to have a look to see if I could find a solution but that's still a work in progress!

Apr 01, 2015 @ 13:57
    Chris Houston

Hi Owain,

I have also downloaded the source and have a clean install up and running to debug, if you set the AutoGenerateExcerpt property to FALSE it will bypass the offending code.

You can see how to do so here:

https://github.com/Shazwazza/Articulate/wiki/Configuration

@Shannon - I have attached a screen shot of the error that is being caught in the Articulate source.

Error appearing in Articulate source - FYI.. the Value of BodyText is NULL..

Cheers,

Chris

Apr 01, 2015 @ 14:02
    Owain Williams

Great, Thanks Chris, what BlogML did you use? Was it the sample I posted earlier? 

Apr 01, 2015 @ 14:09
    Chris Houston

Hi,

No, I installed the CMS Import tool and their Umbraco Datasource extension, I have been pulling the content of an old uBlogsy blog directly out of an Umbraco 4.9 installation.

The issue is not actually related to the Import process, it's related to the UmbracoEventHandler within Articulate which is catching an event on the saving of the item and trying to create the Excerpt before the RichText content exists.

( At least that's what I think is happening :) )

Cheers,

Chris

Apr 01, 2015 @ 14:15
    Owain Williams

ok, I'll try the sample I have found online - seems to be a lack of example BlogML files on the internet :) I've got a feeling the export I'm getting from Orchard, isn't BlogML and that may also be causing me some headaches!

Apr 02, 2015 @ 01:53
    Shannon Deminick

I've added 2 samples to the docs: https://github.com/Shazwazza/Articulate/wiki/Importing#sample-blogml-files

I'll run some some tests today with importing and fix the excerpt issue.

Apr 02, 2015 @ 03:01
    Shannon Deminick

Hi, I've released a new version today: https://github.com/Shazwazza/Articulate/releases/tag/v1.0.8

This addresses the issue that you were seeing:

The best overloaded method match for 'Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentBase.SetPropertyValue(string, string)' has some invalid arguments

And also an issue with search result sorting. You can see details of both issues in the release link above.

Apr 02, 2015 @ 09:55
    Owain Williams

Great thanks! 

I hope to be able to contribute to this project at some point in the future. :)

O.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft