Debugging during development can be a challenge. This package is a growing list of tools that help developers debug and test their packages.
Demonstration Video: http://www.screenr.com/QA7H
What you get:
- Log tool. This tool allows you to view the log in a separate browser window with user\log type filtering.
- DataTypes. This tool shows which DocTypes and\or media types are using your datatypes. This tool also shows the currently stored prevalues for each DataType. Also provides and alternate UI for launching the DataType editor.
- DocTypes. This tool shows all DoctTpes with their icons, #docs created, #nested underneath and allows an alternate UI to get to the DocType editor.
- Template Tool. Determine if each template is being used.
- Macro Tool. View cache settings and properties all at once. Not sure if a macro is on a template? Now you do.
- Content Cache Viewer. Use an XPath statement to view the umbraco.config from the browser.
- Media Cache Viewer. This tool helps visualize what each media item has in it's cache. Very helpful for crops.
This creates a new section in your install.
You have to enable each user in 'Users' for the new section.
Then you have to refresh your backoffice browser.
IMPORTANT: Due to a security update, v0.4 and below need to be uninstalled and reinstalled with v0.5 and higher.
Simply uninstall and reinstall the new version.