Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I installed usync via nuget and it builds fine, but when I try to publish I get the error:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\bitbucket\deriveweb\DeriveSystems\DeriveSystems.Web\umbraco\Install\Views\Web.config;\umbraco\Install\Views\Web.config'. DeriveSystems.Web 0
Could this be related to publish profile trying to do a web config transform?
Are the umbraco, umbraco_client included in your project? We don't have them included in ours.
They are not included... This seem to happen after I installed the usync nuget package
I got this the other week and thought i was doing something wrong in my deployment, but based on this i've gone and had a look, and it is the uSync deployment scripts :(
usync.props (inside the packages/uSync.220.127.116.110 folder) contains an extra line it does need.
so in both xml sections it contains
if you delete these two instances from the file deployments work again.
I will package up a new release of uSync with this fix in - I'll just need to do some testing to confirm everything else is ok.
Thanks for this. I can't seem to find that in the packages/uSync.18.104.22.1680 folder in my solution or usync.props.
Any idea when you will release an update?
Thanks for the great work,
I am hoping today :)
but it might be a little bit more complicated - it's a bit of a pain to debug to be honest, you have to get vs to reload the project a lot to try all the changes!
Ok, no prob. Any idea where I can find those files in my solution. I tried looking for them, but can't find it. In the meantime, I will do your temporary fix if I can find the those 2 instances to delete.
I don't think it was those lines in the end, turns out vs does a lot of caching of these files when you are using it, so you can get confused when testing :(
anyway, i looks like it was a variable name clash inside the target build files that uSync includes so that the uSync folder gets deployed.
I've renamed the folder and pushed out the new version of usync
v3.2.2 from nuget should now update these files and deployments should then work. (i think you may need to close and re-open your solution after this update because of the caching inside visual studio),
but i just tested this with using a fresh install and WebDeploy to IIS and it worked :)
Thanks for the prompt response on this. I'll give it a shot right now. Since I have your attention, would you be able to look at this question I posted. I thought you may be best to answer it:
It works. Thanks again :)
Thanks Kevin for the fix. we had the same problem. I installed uSync on Friday morning just before your new release to fix the above problem.
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted