Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Gordon Saxby 1129 posts 1271 karma points
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 15:26
    Gordon Saxby
    0

    Media Picker loses its start node

    I have noticed a couple of times that the start node of a Media Picker DataType is lost when imported into another site (going from Dev to Staging).

    This time - I reset the start node on the DataType but then the node that used the picker (which is part of an ArcheType) failed, complaining that it couldn't find a particular node - that node was the start node on the dev site.

    I think the resolution was to republish the entire site ... but there may have been something else I did / published that actually fixed it.

    Is this a known issue or expected behaviour, or a feature yet to be implemented?

  • Kevin Jump 1036 posts 6084 karma points mvp c-trib
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 15:38
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi

    Media Pickers should get their IDs mapped between solutions, although i admit I haven't' recently tested that inside of an archetype element (uSync does also support mapping in archetype, so in theory it all should work).

    On export you should see the mapping in the datatype (there will be a mapping section of the .config file). so that will tell you if uSync even thinks there is something to map.

    Mapping on the other side can fail if for some reason uSync can't find the media when it gets to the other end (it uses the path, so name differences can cause an issue).

    but as i say - I haven't tested that exact configuration so i will have to have a look

    Kevin

  • Gordon Saxby 1129 posts 1271 karma points
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 16:51
    Gordon Saxby
    0

    Hi Kevin,

    this does appear to be an issue - we have an Archetype DataType that contains, among other things, a "Media Picker" (Umbraco.MultipleMediaPicker). We set a "start node" so that only the allowed images are shown.

    uSync does appear to correctly copy / recreate the DataTypes but the "Media Picker" always has an invalid media start node.

    These are the steps that seem to fix it:

    1. Edit "Menu Icon Picker" DataType and reset start node to icons -> Menu (and save)

    2. Go to Content section and "Republish Entire Site" (right click "Content").

    3. Hard-refresh the browser

    4. Go back to "Config" and you should now be able to select a menu icon.

    Let me know if I can provide any other useful information.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft