Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
If anyone has handy ICustomTypeConvertor for popular packages ... uComponents? Damp? etc or for other handy uses. Could we make this a thread to collect and share and link to them all?
Lee has set up a project for uComponents convertors https://github.com/uComponents/uComponents.DataTypes.Converters I've got some code for MNTP and Textstring array which I need to find the time to tidy up and contribute to this project.
I created one for the Widget Grid package (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/widget-grid)
It returns all the node ids as a strongly typed list of Nodes. http://www.chrisparkinson.co.uk/umbraco/WidgetsConverter.zip
Bumping up an old topic... is this something we are still interested in?
The side-project I did for uComponents didn't get much love - as in I did the UrlPicker data-types only because I needed them. Recently I've been needing converters for the native data-types (e.g. Content/Media pickers) - to which I keep reinventing the wheel (rewritting from scratch).
I'm happy to set-up a project to gather other ICustomTypeConvertors from the community ... but only if we think it's worth it. :-)
i got burned when these didnt lazy load and when they didnt preview right, but if those issues are solved then yes.
These issues relate to the official release of uSiteBuilder 1.2, I'm not sure about uSiteBuilder Admin or other builds.
I think the preview issue was a general one with DocumentTypeBase in general rather than type converters. (I'll ask Peter Greggory to comment, he discovered these issues)
Regarding the lazy loading the issue here is that all type converters run eagerly when any DocumentTypeBase is instantiated by uSiteBuilder, so using these objects for lists is where this blows out the most.
Its been a while since I looked at this but the preview issue had to do with where uSite Builder gets its cached content from. It was bypassing the Umbraco built in cache loader and going directly for the XML file on disk. This meant that it would always only get the published content and not pick up that user might have the site in preview mode.
The fix was pretty simple. The problem was in the ContentHelper on line 342 (of version 1.2 at least)
It currently in uSiteBuilder is
XmlNode node = content.Instance.XmlContent.GetElementById(nodeId);
Which bypasses the preview hooks.
Changing it to use the Umbraco way
XmlNode node = UmbracoContext.Current.GetXml().GetElementById(nodeId);
Fixes the problem.
Hope that helps.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted