Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • karen 179 posts 413 karma points
    Jul 13, 2012 @ 20:18
    karen
    0

    can't edit macro parameters

    We have uComponents in our projects.  However, when I am running the project locally, I can't edit any of the macro parameters, basically I get a window popup but nothing in it.  This happens in all browsers.  I can edit the macros just fine when accessing the stage or production sites.  I have an exact copy of the production database, so I am guessing it is something missing in my source files or IIS set up. I am running umbraco 4.5 on XP pro.  The stage/prod sites are on windows server 2003.

    The error message I see in the Console is:

    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 (Method not allowed) http://localhost/umbraco/uComponents/Items/range

     

    Here is what the screen looks like.

    And in the source looks like this - looks like nothing got loaded in the macroPane to edit:

     

    I am posting in this group because it looks like uComponents is throwing the error.

    I have tried to reinstall the uComponents package but no luck.

     

  • karen 179 posts 413 karma points
    Jul 13, 2012 @ 20:20
    karen
    0

    well looks like the screen shot didn't go through, here it is:

  • karen 179 posts 413 karma points
    Jul 13, 2012 @ 20:24
    karen
    0

    Actually this is Umbraco 4.7 (not allowed to edit my post!)

  • Lee Kelleher 3690 posts 13439 karma points admin core mvp c-trib
    Jul 16, 2012 @ 11:04
    Lee Kelleher
    0

    Hi Karen,

    Which version of uComponents are you using? I recall there was a similar bug in an older version.  Might be worth upgrading the package?

    Cheers, Lee.

  • karen 179 posts 413 karma points
    Jul 16, 2012 @ 20:57
    karen
    0

    I have the latest - uComponents version 3.1.2

     

  • Lee Kelleher 3690 posts 13439 karma points admin core mvp c-trib
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 00:40
    Lee Kelleher
    0

    Hi Karen,

    I'm not having much joy trying to reproduce the error on my local dev environment.

    Is there anything special/different about your set-up? (Hosted on a shared-server? Medium Trust? virtual directory?)

    Thanks, Lee

  • karen 179 posts 413 karma points
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 00:58
    karen
    0

    Hi - well the project was set up already and I grabbed all the code via source control, grab a copy of the databse, then run the project locally on my development PC.  So, the database/source already had uComponents in it.  Since it was not working, I re-added the uComponents package to the project via Umbraco/Developer Tab, but that didn't really fix anything in the case of macros (it did fix an issue with the Media Picker)

    So, there is nothing really special/different about the project set up that I am aware of, none of the things you mentioned (local server, not in a virtual directory). 

    Network Service has read/write permissions to all required folders.

    Any ideas on what I could check with IIS or the project/files to see if there is something screwy with my set up?  Other developers on the project said they can see the macro edit popup just fine when running locally - but they are also running Windows 7 (not sure if that has anything to do with it).

    The error message is rather vague, I don't know where to look.

    Thanks

     

  • karen 179 posts 413 karma points
    Jul 19, 2012 @ 20:16
    karen
    0

    Today I am working in the office, on the same project, same code etc, but a completely different computer, using Windows 7, and I have the same issue.

  • karen 179 posts 413 karma points
    Jul 19, 2012 @ 20:30
    karen
    101

    OK - I think I may have solved this issue - at least in my office computer - it seems that even though the project that is in source control SHOULD have all the proper dlls in the reference folder, it doesn't - I just copied about 10 dlls from the stage site to /bin folder and now it is working.

    Not sure which one (or why) it was missing to cause the error, but seems like that was it.

     

  • Lee Kelleher 3690 posts 13439 karma points admin core mvp c-trib
    Jul 20, 2012 @ 10:35
    Lee Kelleher
    0

    Hi Karen,

    Glad that you've got this resolved.  I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on my local dev environment.

    Cheers, Lee.

  • karen 179 posts 413 karma points
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 01:39
    karen
    0

    Here I am, almost 2 years later, having the exact same issue and couldn't remember the fix, but did remember I asked about it!

    So may or may not be the same project, but in any case project and src control files created by the same people, so had the same problem.

    Same solution.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft