Plumber - Workflow for Umbraco
A workflow solution for Umbraco. Plumber adds a heap of useful bits and pieces to Umbraco, to allow multi-staged workflow approval for publish/unpublish actions.
After installing, the newly added Workflow section includes a documentation tab, which should offer a bit more explanation of features and processes.
This is currently a (solid) beta.
NOTE: from v0.2.0 onwards, this package will only support v7.7+, to take advantage of the UI improvements around user management, which translate nicely into Plumber.
Visit the demo site at http://plumber-demo.azurewebsites.net, using one of the test users:
Username: TestUserA ... TestUserF
Password: UserAPassword ... UserFPassword
This site will be overwritten semi-regularly, but should serve as a decent sandbox to fiddle with the workflow features.
Features (including, not limited to)
- Workflow groups (users can belong to one or many)
- Document-based workflow
- Document-type-based workflow
- Workflow inheritance based on the content tree structure
- Email notifications as tasks progress through workflows
- User dashboard, showing pending submissions and tasks
- Admin dashboard, showing all active tasks
- Extends Umbraco's existing permissions model
- Customised action buttons (replaces default save/save and publish options)
- Workflow history (document-based and global)
- Workflow types
-- All groups must approve -> every step of the assigned workflow must be completed
-- Other groups must approve -> only steps where the orginial editor is not a member must be completed
-- All groups, ignoring original editor -> every step must be completed, but the original editor won't be included in notifications