Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    May 19, 2010 @ 14:16
    Simon Dingley

How to create a popup window in TinyMCE?

I have been up for most of the night so I apologise now if I am missing the obvious, but how can end users create a popup window using the TinyMCE editor?

• Dennis Milandt 190 posts 517 karma points
    May 19, 2010 @ 14:30
    Dennis Milandt

Do you mean how users can create a link that opens in a new window?

When inserting a link using TinyMCE, for select "Open in new window (_blank)" for the Target option.

/Dennis

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    May 19, 2010 @ 14:47
    Dan

I think creating a macro might be your best bet for creating modals pop-ups or javascript windows.  Alternatively if you're confident that you can get your client to be able to add a CSS class to a relevant link trigger (bearing in mind you can't add classes to anchor tags with the Umbraco implementation of TinyMCE AFAIK) you might be able to use jQuery to get it to trigger your modal/pop-up.  If it's just a new HTML window you need, Dennis' post is the solution.

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    May 19, 2010 @ 17:48
    Simon Dingley

Dennis, I'm tired but not that tired :) I meant a javascript popup window. I was edging towards a jQuery based solution if all else failed.

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    May 20, 2010 @ 11:34
    Casey Neehouse

I just made a tinyMCE style named ".popup", and used jquery fancybox to display the popup.  Too bad the site has not launched yet, or I would show you..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft