Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ed Bishop 53 posts 203 karma points
    Jan 28, 2010 @ 15:37
    Ed Bishop

Canvas not displaying toolbar and edit not working.

Don't suppose anyone has any ideas?

I have created a document type with a property that is set as rich text.

I have a form tag in the template for this doc type with runat="server".

I have a field on the template which has the id of the rich text property from my document type.

When I edit a page I create with this page in Canvas, there is no canvas toolbar and clicking on the item does nothing.

As an aside, when I click in hte rich text box in umbraco the rich text editor buttons disappear from the top. I'm not sure if that is related?

Cheers,

Ed 

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 28, 2010 @ 15:39
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Might be a browser issue, I've come across an issue where Firefox had an adblocker and canvas was blocked by it. Try to disable the adblocker or try a different browser.

Jan 28, 2010 @ 15:42
    Ed Bishop

Hi Sebastiaan,

I tried that just in case and no joy, however, this functionality won't work in any browser at the moment (firefox 3, chrome, ie8, safari).

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Ed

Jan 28, 2010 @ 17:45
    Ed Bishop

Next steps...

I have made a fresh install of Umbraco 4.0.3 with a new database and the Canvas toolbar and functionaility do not work.

I have tried in Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.5, Google Chrome and Safari 4.

Please help...

Jan 28, 2010 @ 18:12
    Ed Bishop

I think there is a problem with the mce editor as the tool bar doesn't work in umbraco or the canvas.

I have another installation of a beta 4.0.2ish which is working fine and showing the toolbar as well as canvas functioning correctly.

Ed

Jan 28, 2010 @ 18:30
    Ed Bishop

Ok, so I now have the toolbar back in the rich text box in umbraco.

The property aliases need to not have spaces in them as per this post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/2100-editor-toolbar-buttons-disappear which refers to this post: http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst9783_Rich-Text-Editor-Menu-Disappearing.aspx

However, my original problem remains. The toolbar does not show in Canvas and inline editing does not work.

Ed.

• Stewart Penny 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 15:53
    Stewart Penny

Check that you are inheriting from the Umbraco master page at the top level as this puts the required functionality into the canvas page.

S

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft