Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chris 69 posts 92 karma points
    Jul 26, 2013 @ 22:51
    chris

Emptying Recycle Bin

I'm using v.4.0.4.2 and need help in emptying recycle bin. There is no error, it's just the prompt stuck without progress.

There's some chatter about running sql query of -20 but in one instance it took down that guy's site.

What's the manual procedure for this, using 4.0.4.2?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2013 @ 21:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris

What SQL did you exectute? And did you save the error message that appeared when you tried it?

Perhaps this script can be used? http://spyriadis.net/2012/06/umbraco-fix-empty-recycle-bin-using-sql-if-backend-fails/ - But make sure to make a backup first off course - And please notice I'm uncertain if this will work on an older instance of Umbraco.

Also keep in mind that even though the recycle bin has been emptied there might be some leftovers on disk if media items have been attached etc.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• chris 69 posts 92 karma points
    Jul 27, 2013 @ 23:23
    chris

That is one of the sql query that I saw. Except that in this version, there's no cmsPreviewXml table.

delete from cmsPreviewXml where nodeId in (select id from umbracoNode where path like '%-20%' and id!=-20)

What's the cause of this problem? I see a lot of empty media folders though the actual files do get deleted. If I know what causes umbraco not to empty trash, perhaps I can avoid it in the future.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft