Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David F. Hill 122 posts 242 karma points
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 04:34
    David F. Hill

Ultimate Picker not reflecting content changes

Hello Umbraco Colleagues,

In version 6, I'm using a number of datatypes based on the ultimate picker for several docTypes.

But when additional nodes are added under the control's parent node -or- when the name of a node changes, the datatype does not reflect the change.

Am I missing something?

Isn't it supposed to populate the items from the from the children of the parent node?

No matter what I do - including restarting the website in IIS - the items remain the same.

Where is the control pulling the items from? Is there a way to cause it to reflect the published nodes in the parent?

Cheers,
    David

• Chris Rose 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 18, 2013 @ 16:03
    Chris Rose

Hi Dave,

When updating the Name field for a node it does not seem to persist this into the umbracoNode table in the database.

I had the same problem, so I went through all the tables in the db. If you change the text field in the umbracoNode table's text field this updates the ultimate picker.

So failing a code fix for this from the umbraco guys, i guess you could:

1. Write a SQL trigger on the cmsDocument table to read the cmsDocument.text field and update the cmsNode.text field based on the nodeId
    2. or alternatively extend ApplicationBase and add an event handler for AfterPublish

1st would be easier but nasty.

Cheers,

Chris.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft