Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chris 69 posts 92 karma points
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 20:41
    chris

IE 9 and umbraco

I'm currently using IE9, and for some reasons, clicking edit html in the content editor no longer works. Is there a work around for this?

Also, I have to post this with firefox, as our.umbraco.org doesn't seem to take any posting using IE9.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 22:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris

What version of Umbraco are you experiencing this problem on? I think that the latest release (4.7) should have no problems with IE9...So it would be nice to know the version.

/Jan

Mar 15, 2011 @ 22:34
    chris

Jan: i'm using version 4.0.4.2.

Mar 15, 2011 @ 22:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris

Hmm, ok...I don't think that there will be made any patches to fix this on older versions so I think that the best advise I can give you is to use Firefox with this version or maybe consider upgrading if that is an option (I'm aware that it probably is not and therefore using an alternative browser is probably the best you can do).

/Jan

Mar 16, 2011 @ 00:27
    chris

There's got to be a work around for this, it looks likes it's just a simple java/ajax pop up. I'll have to keep looking. And yes, I can't post anything to the current our.umbraco.org forum either.

Mar 16, 2011 @ 01:33
    chris

I found a work around. I had to edit /umbraco/umbraco.aspx, and add this to the <head> element:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" >  

It had to be EmulateIE7, if you just put IE7, it wouldn't work.

Mar 16, 2011 @ 07:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris

Good to hear you found a work-around. This is probably something that many others are going to benefit from.

/Jan

• James Hildeman 92 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 22:20
    James Hildeman

Confirmed that this fix (Chris' metatag in umbraco.aspx) does resolve IE9 issues with "Save and Publish" in Umbraco v4.0.2.1.

Are there any better solutions?  I really hate to think my customers are stuck with IE7 mode and can blame Umbraco (even if just for editing).  I'm not at liberty to manually convert hundreds of sites to a newer Umbraco version.  I've read some things that TinyMCE 3.4 resolves many issues.  Is that the major cause of IE9 problems?  Has anyone tried to convert to that and what are your experiences?  I would love to hear Niels or Per chime in on where we're at with IE9 support. 

I am able to patch so I'll probably go through and update the umbraco.aspx with this <meta> tag unless I hear any better options.

• D-au 26 posts 76 karma points
    Mar 23, 2012 @ 01:42
    D-au

The metatag still does the trick for "Save and Publish" for ie9 on v4.0.4.2  though, in my case. Thanks Chris.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft