Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Evan 40 posts 59 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 08:37
    Evan

uCompontent Problem: Url Picker throwing NullReferenceException (UrlPickerDataEditor)

Hi,

I'm using a lot of uComponent controls and loving them.

On every page I have a URL Picker. If I publish the page once, it is successful. But on the second publish it will throw a null reference exception. Then I reload the page, and it will work again, but the immediate publish after that will fail.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance!

The error message is below.

-Evan

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at uComponents.Core.DataTypes.UrlPicker.UrlPickerDataEditor.get_m_ActiveMode()
    at uComponents.Core.DataTypes.UrlPicker.UrlPickerDataEditor.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at ASP.umbraco_editcontent_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\c4d4c8fa\e2d7fa5e\App_Web_editcontent.aspx.5f2dec3.ajwjbd2l.0.cs:line 0
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
  • Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 13:58
    Stefan Kip

I'm having the same problem. Notified the uComponents team about this issue.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 14:02
    Tom Fulton

Same issue - I created a workitem for this a few days ago and it looks like they have picked it up.  Vote it up:  http://ucomponents.codeplex.com/workitem/12900

• James Diacono 16 posts 435 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 03:46
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft