Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ralph 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 06, 2010 @ 17:06
    Ralph

A/B Testing

Does anyone have any tips on how to do A/B testing in Umbraco 4.5? I'd like to show 50% of visitors one look for the homepage, and the other 50% a different look. The homepage would be the only one involved in the test, so the rest of the site can remain the way it is now. Any advice is appreciated.

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 09:59
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Ralph,

Off the top of my head, I would probably think to write a Macro to go on a base Homepage template which, on certain criteria, transfers to an alternative template.

Alternative templates in Umbraco allow you to append the alias name of a template, onto the end of a Url in one of 2 formats:

1) homepage.aspx?altTemplater=homepage1

2) homepage/homepage1.aspx

What an alt template allows you to do, is render the main Homepage template, using the alt templates master page file, this providing a different layout, but still accessing the same page properties.

Hope this helps

Matt

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 10:12
    Dirk De Grave

Seems like the best way, here's another thread on the same subject.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Ondrej Pialek 7 posts 138 karma points c-trib
    Jul 08, 2015 @ 04:47
    Ondrej Pialek

This is an old topic but for people who get here via search:

There is a new plugin called uSplit being developed that bakes A/B testing into Umbraco. It is a commercial plugin but there is a free version available that does redirect-based A/B tests. You can check it out at http://usplit.endzone.io/

Hope it will help someone struggling with A/B tests :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft