Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Leaning 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jun 07, 2018 @ 08:21
    Matt Leaning

Concurrent user limit & analytics

Hi,

I'm considering using Umbraco to host a client website but I need to know a couple of things.

Part of the site will be need to be password protected. I've read that I can control access to parts of an Umbraco site by setting up user groups and assigning them to specific content. Is there a limit to the number of concurrent users that can be logged in to Umbraco at any one time?

I will also need to provide user specific analytics for users that access this secure portion of the site. Is it possible to provide analytics for specific users once they have logged in (i.e. what pages they look at, what content they download)?

• Andy Felton 185 posts 484 karma points c-trib
    Jun 07, 2018 @ 08:47
    Andy Felton

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the Umbraco community.

Umbraco has no limits to the number of concurrent users so that shouldn't be an issue.

To log/provide analytics for the user access would require either a package or some custom code. I've checked through the packages and seen https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/perplex-security-and-gdpr-package/ which may provide something or the basis to code some analytics from.

Hope that helps Andy

• Matt Leaning 2 posts 82 karma points
    Jun 07, 2018 @ 09:53
    Matt Leaning

Hi Andy,

This helps a lot!

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft