Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stelios Giannoulis 4 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 05, 2018 @ 10:59
    Stelios Giannoulis

Free ssl certificate installation in umbraco multisite setup?

Hi,

we are using umbraco cms in multisite setup (example.com, example.de, example.fr etc.) . We want to install a free ssl certificate for SEO reasons. Preferably a free ssl certificate like let's encrypt which is supported by the hosting company. All websites\domains share the same IP. We don't need necessarily to install an ssl certificate\ domain; we could also install an ssl certificate that will cover all domains.

Is it possible to install let's encrypt or any other free ssl certificate to a multisite umbraco setup?

So far I have not found online a lot of information on that and how to do it .

Thank you very much in advance!

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 05, 2018 @ 11:29
    Nik

Hi Stelios,

Yes it is possible to use a LetsEncrypt certificate with an Umbraco site with multiple domains (which is basically what you are asking).

It's just the same as performing the actions for a site with a single domain. As long as all your domains are configured properly you shouldn't have any issues. The steps are just the same.

If you have direct access to your webserver, I would use something like this to manage a letsEncrypt certificate.

https://certifytheweb.com/

Thanks,

Nik

• Stelios Giannoulis 4 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 05, 2018 @ 13:08
    Stelios Giannoulis

Thank you very much for your quick reply, Nik!

I have already started looking into certifytheweb!

Regards,

Stelios

• Sjors Pals 617 posts 270 karma points
    Jun 14, 2018 @ 12:10
    Sjors Pals

I just set it up, the only thing you have to change in umbraco is the reserved path setting in the web.config:

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/install/,~/.well-known/" />

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 14, 2018 @ 12:15
    Jan Skovgaard

You probably also want to run the backoffice under SSL? Then you need to set this line in the web.config to true:

<add key="umbracoUseSSL" value="false" />

Like this

<add key="umbracoUseSSL" value="true" />

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft