Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ajay Sogi 5 posts 105 karma points
    May 13, 2018 @ 15:49
    Ajay Sogi

replacing item 1 with a relative title

Hi Guys.

Was wondering if someone could point me into the right direction here.

I have a nested content carousel and when i add slides to it it shows up in the back office as:

1. item 1
    2. item 2

I would like for it to show as:

1. Some Slide Title
    2. Another Slide Title

Now i can see forums suggesting i use a tag such as {{title}} but not sure where exactly this is supposed to go.

Hope this makes sense and that someone can assist.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 13, 2018 @ 16:16
    Nik

Hi Ajay,

Okay, so I'm going to make a few assumptions here which are likely to be wrong but I'm hoping they can give you the right idea.

In this scenario, I'm assuming you have a document type called "Slide" that is used within your nested content data type.

If you add a property called "Title" to your slide (personally I would have it as a plain text string property, or add a different property if you need to use Title for something else, such as "Display Name"), you can then use the {{title}} code block in your data type.

To use this, find your nested content data type (I'm assuming it's called Carousel) in the back office and where you add the document types to it there is 3 columns. The first one is where you pick the document type, the second is where you pick the tab, and finally you have one called (I think) 'Title'. In this text box put {{title}}. This is an angular template reference to the property on the document type to use when displaying nested content in the back office.

Does that make sense?

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft