Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael P 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 20, 2018 @ 05:35
    Michael P

Could not load types from assembly Umbraco.Forms.Core

Hi,

I am a small hosting provider, and a customer of mine has migrated Umbraco to us. However, when accessing https://customerdomain.com/Umbraco the following error appears:

Could not load types from assembly Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=4.1.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, errors: Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) File name: 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

=== Pre-bind state information === LOG: DisplayName = System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 (Fully-specified) LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/vhosts/customerdomain.com/httpdocs/Umbraco/ LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Inetpub\vhosts\customerdomain.com\httpdocs\Umbraco\bin

Calling assembly : Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.1.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

LOG: This bind starts in default load context. LOG: No application configuration file found. LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config. LOG: Post-policy reference: System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/umbraco/8bacb902/2bcaafbd/System.Web.Mvc.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/umbraco/8bacb902/2bcaafbd/System.Web.Mvc/System.Web.Mvc.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Inetpub/vhosts/customerdomain.com/httpdocs/Umbraco/bin/System.Web.Mvc.DLL. WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Major Version ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated

The server is running Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319 and ASP.NET Version:4.7.2623.0.

The version of System.Web.Mvc in the /umbraco/bin folder is 5.2.3, so I have added this to the web.config:

<dependentAssembly>
                <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
                <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.2.3.0" newVersion="5.2.3.0" />
            </dependentAssembly>

But still not working.

Would you know why I get this error and how to solve/troubleshoot it? Thank you.

• Alex Brown 129 posts 620 karma points
    Apr 20, 2018 @ 09:39
    Alex Brown

Looks like you're using Umbraco Forms?

Make sure your reference to Umbraco.Forms.Web isn't missing in the references tree within Visual Studio.

Also if you've upgraded Umbraco recently, make sure you've updated Umbraco Forms too.

• Michael P 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 20, 2018 @ 10:25
    Michael P

Thanks Alex,

How do I upgrade forms? I've downloaded v7.0.1 and just get a lot of flat files without directory structure. Which directory would I need to put them in?

Thanks.

• Alex Brown 129 posts 620 karma points
    Apr 20, 2018 @ 11:20
    Alex Brown

Hi Michael

7.0.1 is the latest version so you should be fine there. Did you download Forms as a zip file?

If you download it via Nuget then it should install it correctly within your solution.

The structure should look like the following if you do that:

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft