Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Corne 5 posts 75 karma points
    Apr 19, 2018 @ 20:33
    James Corne

How to upload images into media WITHOUT unique number in file path

I am having a lot of problems with Umbraco adding a unique number into the file path for every image and file that I upload into the media section. Is there any way to avoid that so it has a normal file path?

This is INCREDIBLY annoying and dumb (in my opinion). I read There is really no sensible argument behind doing it this way. Problem 1: My company uses 2 dev instances for testing before pushing changes live to the production website. That means three unique identifier numbers for the same image, while other CMS' would just use a file path. This commonly breaks image links during deployments. Problem 2. I randomly find other instances where the link is broken if using external tools like hubspot, sharpspring, etc. Problem 3: links also break in macros or resx text. It is so frustrating! Problem 4: FTP works, yes, but like most companies, mine limit access to FTP to a small group of global developers. Meaning, it takes about 4 people and 12 emails to upload a single file through FTP! Problem 5: our media section is incredibly messy now because every time we make a small correction to the image, it uploads a new unique number instead of overwriting the old one like most CMSs.

Umbraco should correct immediately. Does anyone know a workaround solution to avoid these unique numbers in the file path?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft