Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul McGillivray 6 posts 87 karma points notactivated
    Apr 04, 2018 @ 20:22
    Paul McGillivray

"Server Error in '/' Application. An item with the same key has already been added" on Image after upgrade to 7.10.0

Hi all,

I've just upgraded from Umbraco 7.9.3 to 7.10.0

Now, when I run the project, I get the error below. I've seen this error appear lots on the forum, and it seems to point to a duplicate alias in the doc types, but I've checked, and I don't have any.

Oddly, I only get the error on first load - when I Continue and then refresh the page, I don't get the error. I can then navigate around the site and back to the original page with no errors.

You'll see in the code below that there's a commented out line where I tried just .Url instead of GetCropUrl, but I still got the same error.

I also tried deleting the image from the back-end, and assigning a new image, but I still got the same error.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    An item with the same key has already been added.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

Source Error: 

Line 25:         {
    Line 26:             var image = item.GetPropertyValue<IPublishedContent>("image");
    Line 27:             var responsiveImage = image.GetCropUrl("Hotspot portrait");
    Line 28:             //var responsiveImage = image.Url;
    Line 29:             <a href="@Umbraco.NiceUrl(item.GetPropertyValue<int>("linkURL"))" class="hotspot-item">

Source File: c:\Users\paul\source\repos\PaulMcGSite\PaulMcGSite\Views\Home.cshtml    Line: 27 

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
       System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) +52
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +183
       Umbraco.Core.Services.IdkMap.Populate(IEnumerable`1 pairs, UmbracoObjectTypes umbracoObjectType) +319
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.EnsureIdkMap(UmbracoContext umbracoContext) +294
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.GetById(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview, Guid nodeKey) +40
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.ContextualPublishedContentCache.GetById(Boolean preview, Guid contentKey) +71
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentQuery.TypedContent(Guid id) +158
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentQueryExtensions.TypedContent(ITypedPublishedContentQuery contentQuery, Udi id) +96
       Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.ValueConverters.ContentPickerPropertyConverter.ConvertSourceToObject(PublishedPropertyType propertyType, Object source, Boolean preview) +260
       Umbraco.Web.Models.DetachedPublishedProperty.<.ctor>b__7_1() +49
       System.Lazy`1.CreateValue() +411
       System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue() +152
       System.Lazy`1.get_Value() +75
       Umbraco.Web.Models.DetachedPublishedProperty.get_Value() +9
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedPropertyExtension.GetValue(IPublishedProperty property, Boolean withDefaultValue, T defaultValue) +68
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentExtensions.GetPropertyValue(IPublishedContent content, String alias) +30
       ASP._Page_Views_Home_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Users\paul\source\repos\PaulMcGSite\PaulMcGSite\Views\Home.cshtml:27
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +198
       System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +105
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +78
       System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +256
       System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +107
       Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +113
       System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +290
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +56
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +52
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +173
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +100
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() +49
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +27
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +13
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +36
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller) +12
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +22
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +26
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +21
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9748665
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +48
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +159

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2633.0

Apr 09, 2018 @ 13:36
    Paul McGillivray

I'd really appreciate some help with this, if anyone's able. Could it possibly be an issue with ImageProcessor?

Thanks!

• Stefano Beretta 101 posts 246 karma points
    Apr 18, 2018 @ 09:21
    Stefano Beretta

Hi Paul! Same thing, from 3 or 4 version ago...

The behaviour is exactly the same: only after the rebuild. The instruction that generate the error for me is the first (and only the first) Umbraco.TypedContent(someID). When i refresh the page the error's gone.

At the beginning I triple-checked my doctypes looking for a duplicated property and I run a sql to search duplicated alias... nothing.

Can you debug step-to-step and check if the line that generate the error is the 26 and not 27? I also had the wrong line number :D

S

Apr 18, 2018 @ 10:34
    Paul McGillivray

Hi Stefano,

Thanks loads for replying to my question, I appreciate the help!

Yes, I checked the issue in debug, and this is the line that falls over:

var responsiveImage = image.GetCropUrl("Hotspot portrait");

Do you have any idea what might be causing it?

Many thanks,

Paul

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2018 @ 11:05
    Nik

Hi Paul,

Okay, so the first 2 things I'd try with this issue would be:

1. Finding that media item in the back office and re-saving it, also re-save it after "tweaking" that crop. (see if you can move it left/right).
    2. I'd also clear out the ImageProcessor cache from App Data.

I know you've had the issue for a while now, but in case you've not tried those I thought I'd suggest them.

Nik

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 18, 2018 @ 13:31
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Looks like we've identified the underlying issue which hopefully should be fixed very soon: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-11208

Apr 19, 2018 @ 11:55
    Paul McGillivray

Thanks everyone for the help and feedback.

I've tried removing the image and reloading it, but even when I switched it out for a different image, I got the same error at the same point.

So I wonder if Sebastiaan's patch is the way forward - it looks like it is.

Is there a simple way for me to apply the patch so I don't have to wait for the next Umbraco release?

If you're able to tell me what to change, and where, that would be fantastic!

Thanks again

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 19, 2018 @ 12:38
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Release will be out Tuesday :)

Apr 19, 2018 @ 13:03
    Paul McGillivray

That is totally awesome. Thank you so much!

Apr 24, 2018 @ 14:44
    Paul McGillivray

Just installed the 7.10.4 update - bug gone, it worked perfectly.

Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft