Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charles 11 posts 82 karma points
    Mar 29, 2018 @ 14:34
    Charles

User not receiving Send To Publish notifications

I have a user on the back-end set up to receive Send To Push notifications. Issue is that she is not. I believe this started happening after we upgraded to 7.8.1. I cannot recall what we were on prior to that. 7.5/7.6, maybe.

This only seems to be an issue with her since I am also set to receive the notifications and do receive them. However, I set the option to receive after the upgrade.

Have tried saving the Send to Publish flag to false then saving as true again.

I recently created a dummy user to test Send to Publish. These she does get apparently.

Not sure where to go next.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 03, 2018 @ 10:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Charles,

Please make sure that you still have the SMTP settings in the web.config after your upgrade.

I helped with a similar case last week. Have a look at my answer here

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/91314-how-to-get-umbraco-notifications-working#comment-288172

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 03, 2018 @ 23:33
    Charles

I'll be able to verify it in the morning. But would SMTP settings being wrong only affect one person?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 04, 2018 @ 08:01
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Charles

This should not only affect noe user, but all user if it is the SMTP settings

Have you tried to have a look in the logs to see if you get some more info.

You can find the log files in the folder /App_Data/Logs

/Dennis

Apr 10, 2018 @ 18:36
    Charles

SMTP seems fine.

Nothing jumps out at me in the logs when things get published.

Have also asked the IT guy to see if it might be going to spam, but he wasn't able to find anything.

• Daniel Chenery 119 posts 465 karma points
    Apr 10, 2018 @ 22:30
    Daniel Chenery

I know it sounds a stupid suggestion, but have you double checked the email address for the user?

Perhaps there's a typo?

Apr 11, 2018 @ 03:37
    Charles

Checked and verified that her email is correct.

• Daniel Chenery 119 posts 465 karma points
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 21:21
    Daniel Chenery

Well, my only other option would be to actually change the email to something different, and the change it back.

That would slightly narrow it down to if it's a problem with Umbraco.

Stupid question, I'm sure, have you checked the spam/junk folder?

Do also check Dave's advice!

Apr 12, 2018 @ 00:48
    Charles

Thought of changing the email earlier today and she still didn't get it.

For giggles I decided to try and see if the same was happening on our staging box and she did get the email.

Didn't think to try this before she left for the day. But swapped our usernames to see what would happen. I didn't get a notification. Will probably find out tomorrow is she got one.

It's probably unnecessary at this point since I'm close to saying screw it and just creating a new user for her. But looking into trying the dev SMTP that Dave suggested. Also asked one of the operations guys to see if he even sees it hitting the service or getting dropped after the fact for some reason. Had someone else check if it's going to spam prior to the original post and according to him it wasn't. But will hopefully have a better idea of what is happening once the main ops guy checks things out.

Apr 12, 2018 @ 17:18
    Charles

So she got back to me and she did get a notification after I swapped our usernames. So it must be something with her user.

Group stuff appears to be in order and matches mine. At this point, not sure what else to try other than just creating a new user for her and seeing if that helps.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 06:14
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Charles,

Have yout tried taking a backup of the db and reproduce it locally with another mailserver. For local testing I use smtp4dev (https://github.com/rnwood/smtp4dev)

You can try to reproduce it. If you receive the mail than there is maybe something wrong with their mailserver.

We had issue with SendGrid a while back where all mails to one address were dropped by SendGrid

Dave

Apr 12, 2018 @ 00:48
    Charles

Will give it a try, thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft