Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Mar 28, 2018 @ 22:30
    Carlos Mosqueda

Image selector with cropper?

Hello, I know there is the built in image cropper in Umbraco. But that involves uploading an image each time, not cropping an image that already exists in the image folder.
    Are there plans for, or is there a package that can do a combination of and image selection, then cropping? I know that a client should be uploading an already cropped image, but let's be real, many clients, especially small business or small time clients either don't know how to use photo editing software, can't afford a graphic designer or photographer to crop a bunch of image for them, and I don't want ot have to constantly hope for the best that they don't upload and try to enter a 6mb uncropped, unresized image.

The concept I was hoping for would be if a user is using a media picker, that a user would pick an image, then have the option to crop it, then use it right from the media picker side bar. Slimsy does a great job, and I like the predefined crops, but one place to do it all, would be awesome.

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 30, 2018 @ 15:14
    Frans de Jong

The media picker is using the build in Image cropper so every image you upload can be cropped as you like. What I always do is set all the crops I need on the imagecropper datatype.

If a editor doesn't the crop he/she can navigate to that image in the mediasection and adjust that particular crop. Giving your crops descriptive names is key in this setup.

In the later versions of Umbraco this became even easier with the introduction of the edit button on a picked image.

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 16, 2018 @ 09:11
    Frans de Jong

Did you find the cropper and is it working like you expected?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft