Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Mar 24, 2018 @ 20:36
    Marcio Goularte

high memory usage when logged into backoffice

I have noticed interesting behavior on the server. When I have no Umbraco user logged in to the backoffice, the memory usage of the server is between 80mb at most 180mb (using only the package starter kit and ModelsBuilder Dll). This is enabled with 32bits in the pool. Performing load tests with 400 simultaneous users, memory behaves well for use while maintaining at most 180mb. When I loggin in the backoffice and browse in content, media, settings, etc. the memory on the server starts to increase. 600mb has already arrived. Does anyone know if Umbraco caches in memory, runtime, etc. when someone uses the Backoffice ??

Unfortunately this makes a difference in the hosting I use here in Brazil. Here they greatly limit the resources and hosting outside is very expensive. Even using the Umbraco cloud, is expensive because of the exchange difference.

UPDATE: My hosting does not allow this setting in web.config

<location path="umbraco">
            <system.webServer>
                <urlCompression doStaticCompression="false" doDynamicCompression="false" dynamicCompressionBeforeCache="false" />
            </system.webServer>
        </location>
        <location path="App_Plugins">
            <system.webServer>
                <urlCompression doStaticCompression="false" doDynamicCompression="false" dynamicCompressionBeforeCache="false" />
            </system.webServer>
        </location>

Umbraco Version: 7.9.2 - database SQL Server 2014. Server windows 2012 2GB memory IIS 8.5

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft