Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Harry Spyrou 212 posts 604 karma points
    Mar 23, 2018 @ 17:39
    Harry Spyrou

Nested Content Block disappearing if I set {{title}}

I have a document type that once I try to modify it in any way (namely add {{title}} in the nested content) then once I go back to the Content section, the item appears with a folder icon on its left and once I click on it, it vanishes.

Is that a nested content bug? I tried republishing website, I tried redoing it, but it keeps happening. Feels like it's stuck. help?

Umbraco v7.7

Mar 26, 2018 @ 08:11
    Harry Spyrou

Really, nobody?

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Mar 26, 2018 @ 08:17
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Harry,

have asked this @Lee Kelleher to view your question.

/Michaël

Mar 26, 2018 @ 08:37
    Harry Spyrou

Thank you.l I can provide screenshots etc if you want

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Mar 26, 2018 @ 08:47
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Could be usefull to provide as many information as you can about the issue.

/Michaël

Mar 26, 2018 @ 08:58
    Harry Spyrou

Sure. So here's what's going on. I have a collection of document types in Nested Content (probably more than 15). I created a new one (the one I'm talking about) and since it's similar with another one in the collection I made it inherit all the fields of the previous one.

Going in Nested Content, I add it to the collection and try to specify {{title}}, I submit it, it saves properly - no errors. Once I go back to the 'Content' area, this happens:

enter image description here

The icon appears as a folder 'I haven't set an icon as you can see from the second item'. Once I click on it, the 'Item 1' completely vanishes, but it remains on the page. That's all the info I have, I hope it helped.

Weirdly enought, this happens only on the live version of the website (Live and staging are on the same server, literally two folders apart)

Apr 18, 2018 @ 10:06
    Harry Spyrou

It has happened again. This time, when I try to reorder a true/false, it vanishes.

May 03, 2018 @ 11:45
    Harry Spyrou

For anyone that might care in the future, it was uSync doing this on the live server. Everytime i deployed, it - I guess was searching for new additions of data types or iDontKnowWhatElseItLookedFor and didn't find it. It was deleting everything new I would add without its permission (if that makes any sense).

I deleted the uSync folder from live server and everything went back to normal.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft