Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TheWolverine 6 posts 107 karma points
    Mar 19, 2018 @ 10:13
    TheWolverine

Disabling ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache causes 'no content' welcome screen untill republished

Most importantly, we're talking about an old Umbraco version: 7.2.5, which I can't upgrade because of some important plugin that is not suppored anymore and won't work in new versions of Umbraco.

I'm doing an import into Umbraco every night and this takes quite some time with a lot of publishing. Since the XML cache on the drive gets updated continously, this causes a massive amount of writes to the disk. We're also experiencing intermitted site errors 'failed to enter lock within timeout'.

To combat these problems I decided that it might be better to skip the disk cache all together. So I set the ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache setting in Umbraco-settings to false and deleted the umbraco.config cache file.

Now everytime the application pool is restarted, I get the default Umbraco screen telling me that 'there is no content in Umbraco yet'. Only after I go into Umbraco and choose 'republish entire site' (which rebuilds the XML cache in memory) does the site work as expected.

I can't imagine that this is the way it is supposed to work and is completely useless. Does anyone have a clue what I'm missing here? Or is this yet another bug in Umbraco 7.2.5? Thanks!

• TheWolverine 6 posts 107 karma points
    Mar 21, 2018 @ 13:29
    TheWolverine

I fixed this issue by calling

umbraco.library.RefreshContent();

in the Umbraco ApplicationStarted event.

This works perfectly, but I feel like this shouldn't be neccesary!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft