Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abilash Ashok 63 posts 418 karma points
    Mar 05, 2018 @ 11:31
    Abilash Ashok

Hello,

I have an Umbraco website which is source controlled in Visual Studio Online. Recently, I was setting up CI/CD from Visual Studio Online but fails while building solution with error :

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(2606,5): Error : Copying file bin\amd64\Microsoft.VC90.CRT\msvcr90.dll to obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\bin\amd64\Microsoft.VC90.CRT\msvcr90.dll failed. Could not find a part of the path 'bin\amd64\Microsoft.VC90.CRT\msvcr90.dll'.

vso-error-umbraco

The path bin\amd64\... is not included in the source control. Also, I haven't included bin folder in source control at all. Is the error because of that?

I have came cross few articles on CI/CD on Umbraco but didn't help much. I have done CI/CD successfully with regular .NET MVC web projects earlier. Do I need to update any setting for CI/CD for Umbraco CMS?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Mar 08, 2018 @ 06:03
    Abilash Ashok

I figured out that the file that's been trying to copy is from UmbracoCms.7.5.13 nuget package.

Umbraco-nuget

Is that because path to the package is longer or VSO not downloading the package properly? OR is it possible to modify any config file to skip copying those files in bin folder. The bin folder mainly contains SQL Server CE assemblies which is not required for production scenarios, I assume.

Any clues on bypassing this error? Thank you.

Mar 08, 2018 @ 09:15
    Abilash Ashok

I finally solved the issue. Here is what I had done.

I checked-in bin\amd64\ and bin\x86\ assemblies and files along with the project.

Now, the build is successfully generated in VSO.

PS: I am not sure whether including \bin\amd64 and \bin\x86 is a good approach. For time being, it is working for me.

Thanks.

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 08, 2018 @ 09:17
    Kevin Jump

Hi

the VSO build should copy the files from the package, maybe its hitting a conflict somewhere else ?

I know you have said your bin folder is empty in your solution, but just check there is nothing inside the repository in the bin folder or the obj folder ?

the .targets files in the umbraco project do a lot of copying over during a build so you don't need to have quite a few things in your actual repo for the build to get the files it needs as a guide : you should have something like :

• App_Browsers
    • App_Code (maybe)
    • App_Plugins
    • Config
    • Css
    • Media (again only maybe)
    • Properties (VS folder)
    • Scripts
    • Views
    • global.asax
    • web.config
    • default.aspx
    • packages.config

(even some of them you can get away with not having)

You don't need the umbraco folders, or bin or obj or any other folders, the build will use the packages file to get everything else, and the umbraco package will copy the Umbraco folders from the package.

I have taken this from a solution i have working on VSO - nothing to fancy, and the following parameters in the build step

/p:DeployOnBuild=true /p:WebPublishMethod=Package 
    /p:PackageAsSingleFile=true /p:SkipInvalidConfigurations=true
    /p:PackageLocation="$(build.artifactstagingdirectory)\\"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft