Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Hamilton 79 posts 169 karma points
    Feb 23, 2018 @ 17:19
    Richard Hamilton

Upgrade 7.6.6 to 7.8.1 - missing Content and Media trees

I have upgraded from 7.6.6 to 7.8.1 but now my Content and Media trees are missing completely.

I've run out of ideas at the moment, what can I check? Anyone else experienced this?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 23, 2018 @ 19:45
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Richard,

Have you check your /config/trees.config that it contains info about the Content and Media section.

If you take a fresh Umbraco 7.8.1 installation then it will look like this.

<!--Content-->
      <add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="content" application="content" title="Content" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.ContentTreeController, umbraco" />
      <add initialize="false" sortOrder="0" alias="contentRecycleBin" application="content" title="Recycle Bin" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" type="umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.ContentRecycleBin, umbraco" />

<!--Media-->
      <add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="media" application="media" title="Media" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.MediaTreeController, umbraco" />
      <add initialize="false" sortOrder="0" alias="mediaRecycleBin" application="media" title="Recycle Bin" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" type="umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.MediaRecycleBin, umbraco" />

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Feb 24, 2018 @ 11:35
    Richard Hamilton

Thanks Dennis, But it looks exactly like that. I also made sure the client Dependency version was reset to zero.

Strange that I don't see any errors, no 404s, just the content trees are missing completely.

Feb 24, 2018 @ 11:42
    Richard Hamilton

When I right-click on the content header, only options I get are:

• Reload
    • Reject Changes

When normally I would expect all the options there as an admin

Feb 24, 2018 @ 11:46
    Richard Hamilton

Had a thought. The Admin User Group has 'No start node selected' But I cannot add a start node as I am also a member of that group. This could be the problem??

Feb 24, 2018 @ 12:00
    Richard Hamilton

OK, I have continued down this avenue and it seems to be the answer, added my homepage Node Id in the UmbracoUserStartNode table and I now can see content under the homepage. No settings node or recycle bin yet and no media. So I still think this should have happened automatically on upgrade or a setting somewhere to allow ALL media / content nodes must be missing.

• Janus Kamp Hansen 16 posts 153 karma points
    Feb 25, 2018 @ 10:57
    Janus Kamp Hansen

Check that the section ( content and media) are included in one of the user group of the user.

Feb 26, 2018 @ 12:17
    Richard Hamilton

janus, Yes, they were, i could see the icons and the sections but just no node trees.

I looked into the tables and the groups did not have the startNode set to -1 which seems is needed to see all the nodes from the root.

For some reason this didn't happen automatically on the upgrade so not sure if this is a bug or just because I jumped from 7.6.6 direct to 7.8.1, missing 7.7.x

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft