Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Kreck 9 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 00:28
    Brian Kreck

Help with backoffice login after (during) upgrade from 7.4.1 to 7.8.1

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am doing a manual upgrade of Umbraco v7.4.1 to 7.8.1 and ran into an issue before getting very far.

Following the general and version specific guides I..

• Copied the files over and merged the various config files.
    • Left the useLegacyEncoding = "true"
    • I launched the website and it took me to the login screen, however I was unable to login.

Troubleshooting...

• I edited the DB replacing the old hash with a known one of 'default' without success.
    • I changed the passwordFormat to 'Clear' and then swapped out the password to 'default' (in clear text). I am still unable to log in (I also set minRequiredPasswordLength="4" just in case that was checked)

Notes...

• I seem to have a (likely) separate issue with the email password reset. Although the email provider is setup the same way that works on other Umbraco sites to send via our own solution, Umbraco Forms and Formulate, any reset returns "Request password reset failed for email b@k.com"

Any ideas? Thanks again.

• Brian
  • David Zweben 265 posts 749 karma points
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 00:40
    David Zweben

It sounds like you took all the right steps to regain access, so something may have broken in the login process.

Do you have a backup of your 7.4.1 install? If so, I'd try upgrading it again in smaller increments, so maybe try going to 7.6 first, and see if that works.

• Brian Kreck 9 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 17:24
    Brian Kreck

David,

Thanks for the follow up! I will try this and we'll go from there. I do have about 200 sites like this, and thus this solution adds hundreds of hours of work.

If anyone has any other thoughts, I'd certainly like to explore those also! :-)

Much appreciated,

Brian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft