Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• blackhawk 313 posts 1368 karma points
    Feb 20, 2018 @ 20:16
    blackhawk

Please excuse me for being emotional for a moment, but I jut got word that my Umbraco project has been canceled from higher authorities.

I've been working on a major CMS site from the ground up with Umbraco for the past 16 months. A lot has gone into the research and testing of Umbraco on my end. I have been blown away every week with something new learned. In addition, the rich support of developers in this community forum, the commitment that is easily witnessed from you guys in being highly responsive, caring and creative is top notch.

There are many many people here on the forum who have challenged me to think like a developer, offered good advise and tips on various Umbraco components, but I just want to rep some of you dudes who have inspired me...

Alex Skrypnyk, Kevin Jump, Nigel Wilson, Nicholas Westby, Steve Morgan, Dave Woestenborghs, Jeavon Leopold, Streety, Anders Bjerner, Dan Diplo, marc goodson and Jan Skovgaard.

I just want to say thank you to guys for making me learn something amazing. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would be creating and customizing views, document types, data types, controllers, partial views and and custom plugin components all within a single CMS. You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work and keep pushing,

Many Many Thanks!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 20, 2018 @ 20:43
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Wow, I saw the first few words of this post and got really curious.

It really sucks to hear that your project has been cancelled but what a heartwarming message this is and a true testament to how wonderful our community is. It really cheered me up very much to read that you've had a great experience.

All the best in your future endeavors and I very much hope that you will be able to return to Umbraco very soon!

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 00:11
    Nigel Wilson

Hey blackhawk

To echo Sebastiaan - gutted to hear your efforts have been scuppered, but appreciate your kind words.

The sentiments you have expressed is exactly my experience with Umbraco in that I received a huge amount of support in the early days, and it is a big part of why Umbraco is so awesome. Paying it forward is what life is about...

Take care, Nigel

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2018 @ 09:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

You are always welcome, Blackhawk!!! Try to visit Codegarden this year :) it will be great.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft