Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2018 @ 09:29
    Simon Dingley

v7.8.x upgrade fails with error relating to umbracoUser_FK_user_userType

I'm trying to perform an upgrade from v7.5.11 to v7.8.1 and currently, it is failing between v7.6.13 & v7.7.11 with the following error.

The database configuration failed with the following message: The object 'umbracoUserFKuser_userType' is dependent on column 'userType'. ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN userType failed because one or more objects access this column.

There is nothing additional to this in the log file other than the remainder of the stack trace for the exception.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure if this a result of a legacy Foreign Key constraint and can be safely removed? This site started life in v4 and I don't see the same FK in newer installs.

Thanks, Simon

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2018 @ 09:51
    Simon Dingley

In case anyone else runs into this, I've done a bit of further investigation and given that as part of the upgrade to v7.7.x+ the umbracoUserType table gets dropped I don't see any issue in dropping the constraint and so I can complete the upgrade by running the following script before starting the upgrade:

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[umbracoUser] DROP CONSTRAINT [umbracoUser_FK_user_userType]
    GO

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft