Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Feb 15, 2018 @ 21:53
    Sotiris Filippidis

Properties not displayed in List View (label aka umbraco.noedit aka readonly properties)

My List View is behaving very strangely. I've got a contact form which stores the data in a document every time it's submitted, and a list view to display all submissions (not Umbraco Forms - just a custom thing).

Initially I created the document that stores the data with textstring data types, but I switched to label fields (Umbraco.NoEdit) later, since back-end users weren't supposed to alter those values anyway.

After the switch, documents continued to be created, with values stored correctly, but the list view did not seem to work consistently. It would not display values for the documents created from that point on.

What's more strange is that I tried to delete the first entries (which were displayed correctly) and when I did, my listview started displaying values but ONLY on the second page(!)

Note: This is not to say that the list view is broken on the first page - before I deleted some entries, the second page's entries would appear empty except for the last few ones (3 as I recall).

Here's the list view (please ignore my Greek)

enter image description here

And here's the second page:

All entries have values if you go to their details, regardless of whether those values are displayed or not.

I wonder why this is happening. I debugged with Chrome, and the model looks like being returned with empty properties, so it's not a display issue.

I've also been having another similar issue with date fields not being displayed in a list view (in fact I wasn't the first to notice), maybe those two are related: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/84678-listview-with-empty-date-column - in my case, only SOME values are displayed, but I can't find why.

Umbraco 7.5.9

• Anthony Chudley 50 posts 197 karma points
    May 01, 2018 @ 13:42
    Anthony Chudley

Hi Sotiris,

Did you ever find an answer to this?

I'm experiencing a very similar issue, and am wondering if you found what was causing it, and thinking it looks like a bug in Umbraco and might raise it on the tracker.

Like your's I'm getting blank columns returning, I noticed because the custom listview I wrote stopped working.

It appears any property that is not the system ones (i.e. the ones defined in the document types).

I too am getting a blank model looking at the returned items in the console, but also found that if you use the search filter, the models then get returned correctly for ones that were previously blank.

Just wondering if that behaviour works the same for you if you still have the issue.

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    May 01, 2018 @ 14:09
    Sotiris Filippidis

Yes, unfortunately the issue is still present and I haven't yet found a solution.

• John A 20 posts 44 karma points
    Aug 08, 2018 @ 22:15
    John A

Same problem, using Umbraco v7.10. Custom listview showing blank column values.

Wondering if anyone has come across an answer or workaround.

Thanks John

• Warwick Buzacott 5 posts 75 karma points c-trib
    Oct 09, 2018 @ 05:00
    Warwick Buzacott

I've got an answer for paged ListView with missing custom properties here:

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/84678-listview-with-empty-date-column

Might be the same thing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft