Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Mayers 164 posts 508 karma points
    Feb 14, 2018 @ 15:03
    Craig Mayers

Unrecognized element 'backOffice' - version 7.8

Hi community,

I am having an issue with the latest version of Umbraco (v7.8.0).

Set it up locally and everything seemed to work fine. Even the initial backoffice tour showed. I clicked don't show this again.

I then created a few DocTypes and templates etc.

I then added a custom Controller for my contact us page and after a building the solution in Visual studio I just keep getting this error

Unrecognized element 'backOffice'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

• Craig Mayers 164 posts 508 karma points
    Feb 14, 2018 @ 15:16
    Craig Mayers

UPDATE

I have just upgraded to v7.8.1 and the problem seems to have gone away now!

Weird, but happy it is fixed for now so I can crack on.

Craig

• Romeo Cadaoas 33 posts 110 karma points
    Feb 19, 2018 @ 18:33
    Romeo Cadaoas

Installing 7.8.1 didn't resolve this for me. Anyone else having this issue?

• Alistair Jenkins 92 posts 315 karma points
    Feb 23, 2018 @ 12:12
    Alistair Jenkins

Hi Romeo,

Yes, I just upgraded to 7.8.1 using NuGet and I get the same error.

Regards, Alistair

• LeadMagnet 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 07, 2018 @ 12:44
    LeadMagnet

Had the exact same problem.

Deleted the entire folder on the production host. Re-uploaded everything. Cleared it.

:P

• Bunnynut 136 posts 318 karma points
    May 06, 2018 @ 08:23
    Bunnynut

I am having the same issues after updating on my dev machine. Commenting out the particular node just results in another node that is not recognized.

I have commented out those nodes, my UrlRewriting.config was somehow missing (???). How is that possible? Copied it from another project.

Next error: Unrecognized attribute 'trimCache'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive. \config\imageprocessor\cache.config

Removed that attribute and the site runs.

However! I go to /Umbraco and get redirected immediately to umbraco#/login/false?returnPath=%252Fumbraco. Can't log in to the backend now.

I look into the console and see the next error: Can't find function 'split' of null. Changed javascript and fixed that.

On to the next error: No url found for api name backOfficeAssetsApiBaseUrl angular.min.js (63,106)

HTTP417: EXPECTATION FAILED - The server cannot meet the requirements of the Expect request-header field. (XHR)GET - http://localhost:57415/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Section/GetSections

Are these updates tested?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 06, 2018 @ 13:44
    Nik

Hi Bunnynut,

What version of Umbraco are you running? UrlRewriting.config was removed in version 7.6 so it not being there may be intentional. It is encourage that you use the IIS Rewriting module instead to handle your rewriting needs instead of this legacy approach.

It's frustrating when updates don't work as we expect, but the HQ does attempt to test these processes. The problem is with the flexibility of Umbraco it is likely that no two implementations are the same so problems and unforeseen issues are always possible.

Nik

• Bunnynut 136 posts 318 karma points
    May 08, 2018 @ 07:43
    Bunnynut

Hi Nik,

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for my angry post but it's highly frustrating when you want to do some work and want to update Umbraco first and don't even get to the actual things you want to do. I am still unable to get it running after the update.

I'm guessing i shouldn't have commented out the unrecognized 'backoffice' node, but how to resolve the issue posted by Craig?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft