Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geofrey 40 posts 161 karma points
    Jan 30, 2018 @ 15:36
    Geofrey

How to Automatically Fill Title, Caption, Alt Text, and Description on Umbraco image or via media picker?

Hii

I have top banner in my page and have a blog post with several categories

I want to be able to add image tile, image caption in my page , I have tried multiple suggestions in our forum but nothing helped, can any one provide a simple method to achieve this? , I want something similar to the image below

please help !

enter image description here

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 30, 2018 @ 18:41
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Geofrey

What you describe is pretty standard "Umbraco" stuff - you need to add properties to a document / media type and then in your partial view get the values from these properties and render them to screen.

So based on your post title, I would suggest creating a new media type based on the current Image Media type, add the additional properties as needed. You then have Umbraco setup to store the data.

Then you will be able to create images with data, and then with a media picker on your document type, select the image. From there it is into Razor and coding the output.

Hope this gets you started

Nigel

• Geofrey 40 posts 161 karma points
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 09:41
    Geofrey

hii bro I am newbie to umbraco , can you provide an example ?

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 31, 2018 @ 16:20
    Nigel Wilson

Geofrey

I would suggest you create an Umbraco site to play with - there are starter kits that get installed with content, images, etc. Having a play with such a site will help you get to grips with how you manage an Umbraco site.

The community will help you but you do need to show you have tried first - simply asking for a solution isn't the best approach to getting help.

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft