Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charlie 14 posts 95 karma points
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 01:07
    Charlie

Can I add app_data/temp to my gitignore file?

Hello, I am working on an Umbraco Site. Currently we have one other developer but may add one more soon. We are using Git as our version control software. Right now when I do a commit, there is always some missing files. For example /AppData/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/Extend/Index/d.tvd I don't know what these files are. It keeps causing conflicts when doing pushes/pulls. I am pretty new to Umbraco and Git, but I have lots of experience with .NET and SVN. Can I add this folder to my .gitignore file? I am using USync if that matters.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 01:23
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Charlie

Simple answer - yes it is safe to add AppData/Temp to ignore list.

You can also ignore "AppData/cache" and "AppData/Logs" too.

Cheers

Nigel

• Kevin Meilander 78 posts 384 karma points c-trib
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 01:32
    Kevin Meilander

Yes, we normally exclude the app_data/temp directory as well as a few other things.

I found https://github.com/github/gitignore/blob/master/Umbraco.gitignore which looks like a pretty good list of gir ignored.

I haven’t used usync in a while, but I think it puts its stuff in uSync/data so you should be fine there.

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 08:58
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

Just to add the uSync answer is also yes you can ignore the stuff in App_Data/Temp - this is just the local history of sync data (viewed in the History tab) it doesn't affect how uSync functions - the actual data for syncing in in uSync/Data by default.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft