Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phil 54 posts 139 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 17:14
    Phil

Unable to preview content

We have recently upgraded to Umbraco v7.7.3.

Users are unable to preview content. When the 'Preview' button is clicked, the page attempts to load but gets stuck on the loading animation:

enter image description here

The following error is given in the browser console:

Uncaught Error: Unknown provider: queryStringsProvider <- queryStrings <- umbracoRequestInterceptor <- $http <- $compile
    at angular.min.js:2
    at Object.c [as get] (angular.min.js:2)
    at c (angular.min.js:2)
    at Object.d [as invoke] (angular.min.js:2)
    at Object.c [as get] (angular.min.js:2)
    at angular.min.js:4
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at n (angular.min.js:1)

However, this issue is not occuring on the development environment. We have another installation of v7.7.3 which we are not getting the issue on, and I have checked that the permissions have been configured the same on both.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 18:07
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Phil

Have you tried a different browser, or Incognito mode ? Sometimes the level of caching in the likes of Chrome can really screw with functionality.

Also can you, or have you, completed a side by side compare of ALL files between the two environments, e.g. a file comparison tool like Beyond Compare.

Cheers Nigel

Jan 17, 2018 @ 16:12
    Phil

I've tried both IE and incognito but it still gives the same error message unfortunately.

The code is identical on the dev/live environments, so I believe the issue is environment or database based.

I will keep trying with permissions and hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it.

Cheers.

Jan 17, 2018 @ 17:14
    Phil

So it seems that this was a cache issue - we are using DDOS protection which has dynamic and static caching. After purging this cache, the issue was resolved.

My guess is that some of the upgraded .js files were cached and needing refreshing!

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 17, 2018 @ 18:18
    Nigel Wilson

Nice one - so many things to consider aye...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft